Minor dating 18+ Idaho

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justagirl33 View Post
    Also I am not trying to go against my fathers will necessarily.
    I just want to be informed.
    And know what the risks are.
    To break it down since this is SO confusing to you:

http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newi...d=180150008A.K

Got to this particular link (although, this is not the ONLY part that is illegal)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
      Just click on the link, click on criminal code, click on Idaho, click on Ch. 15, click on 18-1508...up it pops. The risk is a life sentence of imprisonment.
      According to that link, just an Instant Message describing what they'd like to do could be 25 years in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by demartian View Post
        According to that link, just an Instant Message describing what they'd like to do could be 25 years in jail.
        Yep. So, the "boyfriend" has gotta' ask himself..."how much is a relationship with the 17 year old worth to me? Do I want to be the cell block's new girlfriend/currency"?

Wow, the thing is that the messaging is covered under this statute, but there are others that could apply at the same time. Concievably, he could be in jail until Jesus walks the earth, again. I gotta' think that NOBODY is worth that.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

Please remember, outside of all the black and white laws, and statutes, that have been handed to you here, your father could go to court, and get a restraining order against this man, and you will not be able to talk, send a card to, write, nothing. If you have any contact at all, after your father gets one, he goes straight to jail, and you face penalties also, for going against a restraining order. If you love him, you and he will wait, until it is ok with your father, if you don't , you won't wait, and you will be saying hi between the glass window, at jail. Please make the right choice here, and just wait! We really do care, and we know, some of us have had our own families affected by this, so we take this very seriously.

Comment

Folks...

Don't you know by now that when youngsters DEMAND to see the statutes that make what they want to do illegal and you show them, that they never come back?

After all, they have to find another website that says what they want to hear!
            Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
              Folks...

Don't you know by now that when youngsters DEMAND to see the statutes that make what they want to do illegal and you show them, that they never come back?

After all, they have to find another website that says what they want to hear!
              Tee hee, they never do give up, do they Jeff?

Comment

Thanks guys

Thank you for all the feedback.
                Pretty much I am just going to give up on **** with this guy.
                I don't want to risk it for him.
                I care about him too much.
                I'll be 18 in 6 months.
                Maybe then we can try all this again.

Again thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by justagirl33 View Post
                  Thank you for all the feedback.
                  Pretty much I am just going to give up on **** with this guy.
                  I don't want to risk it for him.
                  I care about him too much.
                  I'll be 18 in 6 months.
                  Maybe then we can try all this again.

Again thank you.
                  You're making the right decision. 6 months is such a short time, it will fly by. Then 6 months from now you'll be an adult and he can't get into any trouble.

Comment

I will be one to say, that was a very mature, adult decision, to keep both you and he safe!! Good luck sticking with what you want, and know you have to do. We are not here to beat you up, promise, we are here to make sure that you know what can happen, in every situation, so you do not have to find out the hard way (neither does he)!! I hope the 6 months goes by quickly!

Comment

What does any of this have to do with labor laws?

Comment

It doesn't. You're in the Family Law section of the forum.
                        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

~ Your so funny, this is the family law part of this site, it is not all just about labor laws, tee hee!

Comment

confused

ok so i'm 17 and my boyfriend is 28. we haven't done anything. he lives in indiana and i live in Idaho. i was wondering if it is against the law for us to just talk and hang out not doing anything. how far is he allowed to go and what signs i need to look for if he's a sexual predator or not. i don't think he is but you know parents. are we allowed to hang out and talk?

also am i allowed to leave the house as soon as i'm 18 or do i have to wait until i graduate from high school?
                            Last edited by hearttornattheseamsanime; 04-24-2009, 11:42 AM.

Comment

First of all, quit posting to dead threads.

Second, I answered this question already.
                              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
                              X