Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor dating 18+ Idaho

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Minor dating 18+ Idaho

    Hi, I'm 15 and the girl I love is 13 right now. Her birthday is september 9th and mine is the 16th. I was wondering once I turn 18, she will be 16, how far am I allowed to go? Dating, Kissing, Hugging, Sex, which are we allowed to do and which is illegal? Her parents know about me and the issue and they like me enough to where they wouldn't press charges I am sure.

  • #2
    well

    Originally posted by Seph
    Hi, I'm 15 and the girl I love is 13 right now. Her birthday is september 9th and mine is the 16th. I was wondering once I turn 18, she will be 16, how far am I allowed to go? Dating, Kissing, Hugging, Sex, which are we allowed to do and which is illegal? Her parents know about me and the issue and they like me enough to where they wouldn't press charges I am sure.
    The parents wouldn't be the only one to worry about. First of all, the legal age of sexual consent is 18 in your state, so neither one of you should be having sex until you are 18. When you turn 18, if you continue to have a relationship that includes, kissing, touching, sleeping in the same bed naked, oral sex, putting your hands on her butt or breasts, you could be charged with a sexual crime. If anyone finds out, they could report you, and you will go to jail, not just the parents reporting it. It is a felony, so anyone could report it. The fact that you guys had sex before you turned 18 (assuming you have), could very well mean that just having contact with her, would be reason enough to press charges. Sorry!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by turbowray
      The parents wouldn't be the only one to worry about. First of all, the legal age of sexual consent is 18 in your state, so neither one of you should be having sex until you are 18. When you turn 18, if you continue to have a relationship that includes, kissing, touching, sleeping in the same bed naked, oral sex, putting your hands on her butt or breasts, you could be charged with a sexual crime. If anyone finds out, they could report you, and you will go to jail, not just the parents reporting it. It is a felony, so anyone could report it. The fact that you guys had sex before you turned 18 (assuming you have), could very well mean that just having contact with her, would be reason enough to press charges. Sorry!!
      We haven't already, a little bold and to the point but thanks for your help.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Seph
        We haven't already, a little bold and to the point but thanks for your help.
        Sorry hon, I only speak my mind to save future grief for someone not knowing all the facts, I hope I did not offend you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by turbowray
          Sorry hon, I only speak my mind to save future grief for someone not knowing all the facts, I hope I did not offend you.
          What about marriage? I'm guessing that's 18 to, but might aswell ask.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Seph
            What about marriage? I'm guessing that's 18 to, but might aswell ask.
            Yep, in order to legally marry without parental consent or a court order, you and your gf must both be at least 18. Soooo, no sex and no marriage until you are both at least 18 years of age.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
            (unique up on him)
            How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
            (same way)

            Comment


            • #7
              follow up

              I'm 17- he's 24
              So I get we can't have sex.
              And we can't get marrried.
              I don't get like are we allowed to date.
              Hold hands, kiss, touch, oral, etc.
              Also, where do you find these answers.

              Comment


              • #8
                Here's a sure fire way to find out how far you can go. Ask your father or a priest (pastor, minister, whatever). They will tell you what contact, if any, is appropriate before marriage. Stick to that, and you cut out all risk of legal conundrums.

                Now to bluntly answer your question, you can do nothing that you would not do in front of your parents. No oral sex (contrary to Bill Clinton, that IS sex), no heavy petting, etc. Anything that is sexually arousing or stimulating is out until you are 18.

                You are allowed to date whovever your parents allow you to date. Therea are no laws against DATING. The confusion comes in when the people involved can't figure out that dating does not equate to sexual contact.
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                (unique up on him)
                How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                (same way)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Grrr

                  That's so ****ed up.
                  And retarded.

                  Where do I go to like confirm LAWS.
                  I don't care what my father or anyone says.
                  I want like copies of the lawas.
                  That say in black and white.
                  You cannot do this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    the law says you are under your parents complete control until you are 18- you do what they tell you to do.
                    what state are you in and I'll find the exact laws

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hmmm, you better care. Your parent have complete, unassailable control over you until you are 18. Now I know why you are asking these questions. Another teen that is trying to find the law to overrider her parents' dictates. Not going to happen, but for your viewing pleasure I will post the link for all 50 state statutes. YOU get to read through all of it to find the information you need. (At least it will occupy some of your time.)

                      www.law.cornell.edu/topics/state_statutes.html

                      (hint, try Idaho criminal code, title 18, chapter 15. Your boyfriend so much as blows in your ear and you get aroused...he has committed a felony.)

                      Oh, and there better not be any sexual messages sent to you either. No hot pictures, nada. Those are seperate charges. See? There are a HOST of charges he could face. He is 5 years older than you and you are 17 years old. Let me make this very clear to you. In Idaho, he can get LIFE. That's a pretty steep penalty to risk for having a few brief moment of pleasure with a minor. Think he's willing to risk it? Just think...you can love him into a life sentence seperated from everybody and everything he loves.
                      Last edited by mommyof4; 01-26-2007, 01:07 PM.
                      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                      (unique up on him)
                      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                      (same way)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by milspecgirl View Post
                        the law says you are under your parents complete control until you are 18- you do what they tell you to do.
                        what state are you in and I'll find the exact laws
                        I'm assuming Idaho since she posted it as a follow up on an Idaho thread.
                        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                        (unique up on him)
                        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                        (same way)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          fdar

                          This is all so confusing.
                          I am from Idaho.
                          And just got like 3 messages.
                          Pretty much I am confused.
                          So in like one message can you inform me one more time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            sfsdfsd

                            Also I am not trying to go against my fathers will necessarily.
                            I just want to be informed.
                            And know what the risks are.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just click on the link, click on criminal code, click on Idaho, click on Ch. 15, click on 18-1508...up it pops. The risk is a life sentence of imprisonment.
                              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                              How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                              (unique up on him)
                              How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                              (same way)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X