Sons father hasn't been in the picture for 2 years Idaho

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sons father hasn't been in the picture for 2 years Idaho

Okay my sons bio father hasn't been in his life at all in the two years since he was born. I don't know where he live how to contact him. My fiance now is wanting to adopt my son but we don't know since my son's bio father is not on the birth certifcate and is not around does that mean he is foreit his rights since it has been so long. Now I'm in Idaho and I'm moving to Oregon I wanted to know what the law has to say about this. After a certian amount of time as pass do his right just get terminated. If anyone knows any info that would be greatly appricated. Thanks

Abandoment Laws

In Mississippi there are specific laws deisgned to help parents out....

one includes if a child is under two years and the absent parent has not been in the picutre for 6 months or more then the absent parents rights can be terminated.......

TRY calling a few lawyers to ask about ABSENT PARENTS and ABANDOMENT LAWS with regard to children........ most lawyers will give you a free consult...

Comment

You may want to try to do this before you move. The unfortunate thing about filing where you are now is that you would have to travel back for any court hearings. However, there may be residency requirements where you move to that would set a specific amount of time before you are allowed to file anything, and that would delay your case. You may also consider checking both state's laws concerning this matter. That may make your decision a little easier as to when and where to file.
      Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

Originally posted by mother_of_3
        In Mississippi there are specific laws deisgned to help parents out....

one includes if a child is under two years and the absent parent has not been in the picutre for 6 months or more then the absent parents rights can be terminated.......

TRY calling a few lawyers to ask about ABSENT PARENTS and ABANDOMENT LAWS with regard to children........ most lawyers will give you a free consult...
        Well, the OP isn't in Mississippi is she?

It doesn't matter what anyone WANTS to do. Your fiance CANNOT adopt your child. First you will need to actually be in a stable marriage for a set length of time before the state will even consider this (usually a year or more).

Comment

Working...
        X