Dating/Kissing in Delaware?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating/Kissing in Delaware?

I dating, kissing, or making out with a minor illegal in delaware?
    this girl is 15 and the age of consent is 16
    I'm not talking about any intentional touching of anything sexual.. just plain hugging/holding with contact of lips to lips/tongue to tongue
    friend said because we would be holding each other then technically I would be touching her breasts? sounds like a bit of a strech
    please clarify things for me

Originally posted by User Name
    I dating, kissing, or making out with a minor illegal in delaware?
    this girl is 15 and the age of consent is 16
    I'm not talking about any intentional touching of anything sexual.. just plain hugging/holding with contact of lips to lips/tongue to tongue
    friend said because we would be holding each other then technically I would be touching her breasts? sounds like a bit of a strech
    please clarify things for me

Itís legal to date as long as the parents agree to allow it. Sexual contact is not legal. Sexual contact is basically any touching (be it hands, lips, or whatever) for the purpose of sexually arousing or gratifying either person. Making out would definitely fall into that category. Kissing could fall into that category depending on what kind of kisses they are. Holding hands and innocent little pecks are about as much as they can legally do.

I just can't resist adding this Öyou must get around a lot, because I think youíve asked questions about DE, FL, MT, IL, CA...and maybe more.

Comment

I dont see anything in the delaware code online that says those are illegal

btw, those are prolly all different people since all u do is just hit log in when u get to the page.. "User Name" is already in there, with no pass

Comment

btw, those are prolly all different people since all u do is just hit log in when u get to the page.. "User Name" is already in there, with no pass
        The definintion of sexual activity can include hugging, snuggling, kissing, fondling, mutual masturbation, oral sex, anal sex, vaginal sex....Any kind of contact intended to elicit sexual feelings and/or gratification. I know that is a very explicit list, but you seem to need to have it spelled out for you. If you are under the age of sexual consent, ANY kind of physical contact intended to produce sexual stimulation or gratification is illegal. Period.

Look at the the Deleware Criminal Code
        Chapter 5
        subchapter 2
        subpart D

Any contact that brings into contact the genitals, breast, anus with another person. This includes when the two parties are fully clothed. How are you going to hug each other without touching? Kiss? Snuggle? That IS what the Deleware Criminal Code clearly states. No question. Further more, if the older person is more than 4 years older than the minor that has not attained the age of 16, claiming to be unaware of the younger person's age is not a valid defense. So, in this case, if the other person is 19, he is facing prison. Even if the older person is 17 and the younger is 13, the 17 year old is committing a sexual offense.
        Last edited by mommyof4; 05-19-2006, 10:31 AM.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

it says any "Any intentional touching by the defendant of the anus, breast, buttocks or genitalia of another person"
          if you're hugging and happen to be touching breast with ur chest, its not intentionally touching them
          it also says "which touching, under the circumstances as viewed by a reasonable person, is intended to be sexual in nature. Sexual contact shall also include touching when covered by clothing."
          well no reasonable person would consider hugging/cuddling sexual in nature.

thanks for your help though

Comment

it says any "Any intentional touching by the defendant of the anus, breast, buttocks or genitalia of another person"
            if you're hugging and happen to be touching breast with ur chest, its not intentionally touching them
            it also says "which touching, under the circumstances as viewed by a reasonable person, is intended to be sexual in nature. Sexual contact shall also include touching when covered by clothing."
            well no reasonable person would consider hugging/cuddling sexual in nature.

thanks for your help though
            Yes it is. You are intentionally pressing your body against another.(Unless you are being hugged/touched against your will. In that case, you are dealing with innapropriate touching, and possibly sexual harassment. Those issues are also addressed in the criminal code, but that is a different topic) That IS intentionally touching. Look, the fact is that you are underage AND you specifically asked about kissing and making out. Many, MANY reasonable people consider ANY kind of romantic/physcial contact between an underage person and a person that MOST deem to be too old for him or her to be innappropriate. Don't believe me? Then why do you need to ask for a clear definition? You have been given the correct legal information. If you want to disregard that, fine. Just don't come back asking what do you do now that your boyfriend has been turned in. Good luck.
            Last edited by mommyof4; 05-19-2006, 10:46 AM.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            (unique up on him)
            (same way)

Comment

You know what, I bet there's not a law thatís says "Itís illegal to plunge a knife into someoneís heart" but I also bet if you did it, they call it 'attempted murder'. The point being that the laws don't always list every single possible act.

Youíre looking for a loophole in the law, but you wonít find it. The answers you received were accurate. What you choose to do with that information is up to you.

You're right...it does do that! I wasn't aware of that, I thought you had to register before you could post. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
              Last edited by pty; 05-19-2006, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Pty, I totally blasted someone the other day for the same thing. In one day, User Name was a 14 year old girl with a 19 year old girlfriend, was a legal citizen waiting for her fiancee to get citizenship, was a 15 year old girl with a 21 year old boyfriend, offered rentals in Canada, and was a disgruntled fired woman that wanted to sue. Yep, it took me a while to figure out that the posters think they are posting annonymously. Of course, I couldn't have figured that out BEFORE I went off on someone. Ohhhhh,no. They don't realize that EVERYBODY that posts comes up under that name.
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                (unique up on him)
                (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4
                  Pty, I totally blasted someone the other day for the same thing. In one day, User Name was a 14 year old girl with a 19 year old girlfriend, was a legal citizen waiting for her fiancee to get citizenship, was a 15 year old girl with a 21 year old boyfriend, offered rentals in Canada, and was a disgruntled fired woman that wanted to sue. Yep, it took me a while to figure out that the posters think they are posting annonymously. Of course, I couldn't have figured that out BEFORE I went off on someone. Ohhhhh,no. They don't realize that EVERYBODY that posts comes up under that name.
                  Well, I'm glad to have the mystery cleared up, because I was one confused person!

Comment

When I read this article, I thought about this thread.

SANTA ANA, Calif. - A homeless Orange County man who allegedly licked the feet of five boys after promising to cast them in a television commercial has been charged with lewd conduct, officials said Tuesday.

Now Iím darn sure CA doesnít have a law that specifically states "Itís illegal to lick the feet of young boys" and yet this man is facing charges for it, and could receive 16 years in prison.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12838412/

Comment

Working...
                    X