step son asking for help Alaska Alabama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• step son asking for help Alaska Alabama

My step son called the other day and said his mother kicked him out. He is staying with a family who is willing to help however they can. My step son wants to enroll in school but his mother says she isnt going to help him. She now wants him to return home. His father(my husband) is incarcerated and wants me to help our son. My husband has never signed anything relinquishing his rights but years ago dhr gave temp custoy to his mother-in-law we arent sure how the mother regained custody but she hasnt allowed any contact with my husband for 5 years moved the childern to Al. He just wants to enroll in school and the probelms at his mothers home are now affecting his education and wellbeing. I there anything I can do without breaking the lw he is !7 years old. Also I live in Ga.
    Last edited by gaddyjody; 08-15-2012, 01:36 AM.

Your best bet is to call CPS. Seriously. Your husband is in prison, you live out of state and have not been part of his life for 5 years, he is living with non-relatives in who knows what envioronment, the mother sounds like a real gem to kick out a kid and lord only knows what the legal custody situation is for this child.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
      Your best bet is to call CPS. Seriously. Your husband is in prison, you live out of state and have not been part of his life for 5 years, he is living with non-relatives in who knows what envioronment, the mother sounds like a real gem to kick out a kid and lord only knows what the legal custody situation is for this child.
      The home in which he is staying is owned by an older couple who have rasied 4 children themselves and have a small psychiatry practice and just wants our son to get his education no matter who he lives with. He has enough obstacles stacked up against him that he dosent need to be a high school drop out. All we want to do is get him enrolled in school

Comment

Originally posted by gaddyjody View Post
        The home in which he is staying is owned by an older couple who have rasied 4 children themselves and have a small psychiatry practice and just wants our son to get his education no matter who he lives with. He has enough obstacles stacked up against him that he dosent need to be a high school drop out. All we want to do is get him enrolled in school

The bottom line is that if Mom wants him back, he goes back.

Period. If anyone at all refuses, they can face felony charges. They need to get his backside back to his Mom's home.

(You DID say that Mom wants him to return home, correct? Per this? )

He is staying with a family who is willing to help however they can. My step son wants to enroll in school but his mother says she isnt going to help him. She now wants him to return home.

Comment

Working...
        X