Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recently divorced in AL; Can I remarry in another state before 60 day waiting period? Alabama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently divorced in AL; Can I remarry in another state before 60 day waiting period? Alabama

My fiance's divorce will be final in December. We can't remarry in Alabama for 60 days. Can we get married in another state sooner?

• xena
    replied
    Originally posted by bamamom81 View Post
    I am not a legal professional and I am not trying to give you legal advice. However, I too wanted to remarry very soon after my divorce.

Yes, you can remarry in another state before your 60 days are up. The state must not have a waiting period and you will need your final divorce degree. In some cases you can get by with just knowing the date your divorce was final.

You can look up the requirements for the state that you wish to remarry in. Look it up on the internet. Look up state marriage laws and it will tell you what you will need, how much it costs and the waiting period if there is one.
    Before you post, please look at the date of the last post. In this thread, the last post was 2 years ago. I doubt very much if the OP has been back here in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• bamamom81
    replied
    I am not a legal professional and I am not trying to give you legal advice. However, I too wanted to remarry very soon after my divorce.

Yes, you can remarry in another state before your 60 days are up. The state must not have a waiting period and you will need your final divorce degree. In some cases you can get by with just knowing the date your divorce was final.

You can look up the requirements for the state that you wish to remarry in. Look it up on the internet. Look up state marriage laws and it will tell you what you will need, how much it costs and the waiting period if there is one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X