X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandonbo1
    started a topic 15 can i get married in pa Pennsylvania

15 can i get married in pa Pennsylvania

I am 15 and I got pregnant to a 21 year old and I wanted to know if i could get married to him if my parents and his allow it ... I live in pa

• cbg
    replied
    If he really wants a baby let him have it. He has no right to put that on you. Tell him NO and if that means he wants to break up, you're better off. Really. I'm not being nasty.

Leave a comment:

• bubblesz732
    replied
    iAm qoinq throuqh somethinq similar to your situation. my boyfriend is 18 && im 15, && he really wants a baby. i do to but i know that he can get in trouble. but he doesnt know that. && idk how to bring it up without him wantinq tu break up.

Leave a comment:

• wallflower1025
    replied
    Some states will allow a fifteen year old to marry with parental consent. Some states will allow a pregnant minor or a minor who has proof of having had a child to marry without parental consent. Either way, the age of consent is 16, so the father of your child would go to prision. Period. This applies even once you are sixteen being that your grounds of having had a child, because you must show that child's birth certificate, would show that the conception of said child would be illegal. If you truly love him, and he loves you, the best thing for both of you is to wait until you turn 18 and the statute of limations runs out on the molestation/statuatory rape laws. Also, be careful what you tell your parents, they could bring charges against him that would send him away for a very long time and also enforce a no-contact restraining order.

Leave a comment:

• nemobutt
    replied
    you do not want to get married at 15! You have your whole life ahead of you. You should wait. Plus the 21 year old could get in trouble. Regardless if you parents approve of the situation. The courts could still throw them in jail.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Agree, that's what I was trying to say.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    I can promise you that if a 15 year old who is already pregnant and a 21 year old who impregnated her go before a court to ask permission to be married, the 21 year old (who violated several laws when having sex with a 15 year old) will be leaving the courtroom with handcuffs, not a marriage license.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Marriage law Pa.: If under 18 years of age applicants may marry with consent of a parent or guardian. Applicants must present Birth Certificate plus an additional $5.00. If under 16 years of age, with the approval of a Judge of the Orphans Court (doesn't mean you're an orphan), as well as parent or guardian.

However; since you are 15 & *pregnant* (age of consent is 16 Pa.) & your bf is 21, he most likely will be going to jail as the previous responder noted.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    No. PA will not allow a 15 year old to marry no matter what the parents say. Neither will any other state that I am aware of.

If you are 15 and pregnant by a 21 year old, your BF is going to jail so marrying him would probably not be a real good idea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X