Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like I said it is just what it is called in South Carolina. It's the same thing same meaning just a different name in South Carolina. Like some people have different names for there grandparents instead of calling them grandma and grandpa some call them MeeMaw(never got that one) or in my family Grannis and Oompa, same meaning just a different word. That's all I'm saying it gets the same jail time like murder but we call it something different. That's why we have Voluntary and Involuntary Manslaughter. Voluntary is CALLED Murder in other places and Involuntary is CALLED manslaughter in other places. Now do you understand, I'm not disagreeing with you as far as the definition for the crime is concerned, just that we call it something different here.

Comment

I'm not going to try to argue with you anymore about this, because frankly, it's pointless. Good luck in school.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

Just go to the Solicitor's Office

To the gentleman who started the thread, go to your local Solicitor's office (District Attorney) tell them what happened b/c in the end they have prosecutorial discretion and they will decide how they want to proceed with the case or if there is a case b/c he/she has a choice as to follow the SC Law Code or the Constitution if there are conflicting laws. PTY is correct in the SC Law code that states age of consent is 16 but if your local Solicitor follows the SC Constitution it states age of consent is 14. Either way it will be up to the Solicitor for your locality whether to try the case in criminal court or not.
        Last edited by lawyergirl1; 03-22-2006, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpinsc034 View Post
          My 14 yr old daughter recently snuck out of my x-wifes house and had sex with a 17 year old boy it was consensual. Did he break any laws? What are my options. THANKS.
          Lawyergirl is exactly right

Comment

Whether she is or not, this thread is eleven years old and I'm sure the situation has been resolved by now.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
            X