No announcement yet.

Need advice and opinions on my Emancipation case. Indiana

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need advice and opinions on my Emancipation case. Indiana

    Hello, my name is logan I am fifteen and about to turn 16 in two months and I have a very important question. Me and my mother have been constantly fighting for three years she has put me through abusive relationships with boyfriends, took my money, did drugs and slept for a whole two weeks while I got raped while i was walking to gas station and much more that has ruined my life due to her immaturity. She lost her job for pepper spraying me and she blames me for ruining her life all the time. I suffer each day and I just want to be free at this point. I am about to get a job at wall mart and I get a social security check each month (haven't seen a dollar of it since I was born). My plea to the judge will be that I want to be Emancipated so that I may be released from my pain of having to live with this monster and start my life. She has not had a job in 8 months and isnt getting one and just lives off my social security. I also have a sister who is 31 and is willing to give me a place to live till i can get enough money to go on my own. Yes I know this sounds like every teenage plea that their parents are horrible and that they are mature but this is different. I have attempted suicide many times and my childhood is basically over and I dont really see a point to go on at all but either way I just want to get out. Do you think I will be accepted for Emancipation in your opinion or not I just want some sort of reassurance. Thank you for the read and im willing to answer any questions.

  • #2
    No. You will not be emancipated.

    You may be taken out of the house and put in foster care or a group home. But you will not be emancipated.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      Report what you are experiencing to a guidance counselor or doctor, or child protective services. If your home is truly unsafe, you may be removed. Your sister is welcome to contact the agency and offer to have you placed there but it is ultimately up to the agency.

      You don't mention why you are receiving money from social security but as you are a minor, the money is not yours. It is for your care but that includes food, housing, utilities, and other expenses which also benefit your parent.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.


      • #4
        Sweetie, I'm sorry for your situation and hope you can find help. Please report the abuse, etc. to a counselor or trusted teacher or call child protective services. And if you are considering suicide, PLEASE call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline, 1-800-273-TALK or any of many agencies dedicated to suicide prevention you can find through googling.

        As far as emancipation, no, you do not qualify for that. To successfully emancipate, you must prove you are, in effect, an adult capable of providing for your own needs. That's you, not anyone else. Moving in with your sister doesn't cut it. A job at Walmart won't cut it. You have to prove that you, personally, could pay for your own place to live, food, utilities, etc. Emancipation is a very difficult process and completing it successfully is very rare.