Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im new here and ive been curious about emancipation for a long time... Pennsylvania

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im new here and ive been curious about emancipation for a long time... Pennsylvania

im curious, if anybody here can in the give me any additionial details on getting an emancipation than what isdescribed in the first thread. thank you, if not, sorry for wasting your time

You didn't give your age or any details re why you have been curious about emancipation but here is some Pa. information --

Quoting How does a minor request emancipation from the court?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pennsylvania rules of court do not establish procedures for obtaining emancipation decrees. As noted above, however, Pennsylvania Courts of Common Pleas have the power to make decisions concerning emancipation. Some counties do not recognize any formal procedure for emancipation and so the minor may need to take the initiative to petition the court for emancipation. It can be helpful for a minor to have an attorney when petitioning the court for emancipation, but it is not essential.

In a petition for emancipation a minor must state that:

• The minor has moved out of his or her parents’ home.
    • The minor is not receiving financial support from his or her parents.
    • The minor is capable of responsibly controlling his or her own actions and does so.
    The minor should be as specific as possible about how long he or she has been living independently and how self-support is achieved.

When the court considers the emancipation petition, the minor’s parents will be notified and will be invited to attend the hearing and speak at the hearing on their view about the child’s request for emancipation.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

sorry for themissing details

but im 16 years of age, and i wish to get emancipated because i feel that my father is holding me back in my life. i mean one moment he is calling me worthless and ungratefull, and the next moment, he wont let me search for a job to help pay the bills, when asked why his answer is "i can do it", and im just getting tired of him. but me wanting theemancipation isnt out of spite, its so i can attempt to make my life better because i know he has no intention of doing so

Comment

Even if your county is one that will accept emancipation of a minor (not all will), that is not a valid reason for emancipation. Plus if you are not already earning enough money to support yourself entirely, without help, no judge will even look at your petition. "I'll get a job if emancipated" is not enough; you need, "I am earning xxx.xx amount per week, of which xx.xx goes to rent, xx.xx to utilities, xx.xx to transportation, xx.xx for food," etc. AND it needs to be backed up with supporting documentation.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

You're still a minor. (What Dad says goes.) When you're 18, you can move out & get a job.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by xXshadowxX View Post
            but im 16 years of age, and i wish to get emancipated because i feel that my father is holding me back in my life. i mean one moment he is calling me worthless and ungratefull, and the next moment, he wont let me search for a job to help pay the bills, when asked why his answer is "i can do it", and im just getting tired of him. but me wanting theemancipation isnt out of spite, its so i can attempt to make my life better because i know he has no intention of doing so
            First, to be able to survive in this country, a person must have superior communication skills. You also must be employed, and have a track record of peers and superiors willing to stand up and give you stellar recommendations. Very few are able to meet this criteria, and even fewer are willing to go through the lengthy court process.

My 17 year old wanted to be emancipated, so I told her she could move out ONLY if she stayed in school and kept her grades up. She had a history of working and being able to keep up her bills. She also was able to discuss her wants with me without provoking me to anger. I did not give her emancipation, but under Missouri law, allowed her to move out. I kept track of her, and soon she came back with the understanding that life is extremely hard when you have to pay for your food, rent, insurance, clothing, utilities, and keep up grades. (She graduated with a 4.15 gpa) She is now in her 3rd year at a top University, and has several top national honors invitations/experiences.

The first thing you need to do is to be able to write a paragraph properly, with proper spelling and punctuation. (Hint, The red underlined words are usually not spelled right.) Try joining your schools debate team to find out how to share your opinion in a way that makes people listen.

Comment

Working...
            X