This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 and pregnant but wants to be responsible Pennsylvania

hi i was wondering i know a 15 yr old girl that just became pregnant and she would like to be responsible for her upcomming child. she is willing and ready to get a part time job and already receives ssi well her mom gets her check, but her moms house is not a good enviornment for a newborn or toddler for that matter. and of course typical fighting each other all the time which wont be good for the baby either her mom isnt totally against it but she cant rent an apartment without an emancipation so how would we go about helping her get it being that she is willing and ready to face the reality of being a parent

Originally posted by tiffwill78133 View Post
    hi i was wondering i know a 15 yr old girl that just became pregnant and she would like to be responsible for her upcomming child. she is willing and ready to get a part time job and already receives ssi well her mom gets her check, but her moms house is not a good enviornment for a newborn or toddler for that matter. and of course typical fighting each other all the time which wont be good for the baby either her mom isnt totally against it but she cant rent an apartment without an emancipation so how would we go about helping her get it being that she is willing and ready to face the reality of being a parent

Not only does PA not have a statute allowing for the emancipation of minors (it's dealt with on a county level - some will, some won't), but there isn't a court in the land that will emancipate a pregnant minor.

She has shown that she needs more, not less, adult supervision.

Comment

You don't. It really is that simple.

First of all, PA does not have a state statute permitting a minor to be emancipated. It's determined by county whether it can done at all; some counties will not emancipate a minor under any circumstances.

Second, she kissed any hope of ever being emancipated before her 18th birthday goodbye as soon as she got pregnant. Ain't no judge anywhere in the US that's going to emancipate a pregnant 15 year old. By getting pregnant at 15 she proved to the world that not matter how "ready to be a parent" she feels she is, she needs more adult supervision, not less.

Third, even if there were some judge somewhere that was willing to consider it, unless she is capable of paying every. single. cent. that it costs to support both her and the baby without ANY assistance whatsoever, she does not qualify for emancipation. That means that she, and only she, without help from you or the state or Aunt Susan or her best friend's family, can pay 100% of the market rate for rent, utilities, food, clothes, insurance, transportation, medical care (and medical care when you're pregnant can run into thousands of dollars), staples, school fees and supplies, everything that the baby needs (likewise thousands) while simultaneously going to school and getting better than average grades, she doesn't qualify for emancipation anyway.

To put it as clearly as possible, there is nothing you can do to help her get emancipated because she does not qualify for emancipation. And it doesn't matter how many but-what-it's you throw at us, that answer is not going to change.

Now, if she really is in a DANGEROUS (not just, not ideal) situation, you can call the Child Protective Services, and they will investigate and if they agree with you, they will remove her from the home and put her into either a foster home or a group home. She will NOT be emancipated under any circumstances. Nor will she be allowed to live with you/your family, if that should happen to be what you're thinking.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

yes i understand completely but shes not getting that supervision from her mother which is how she ended up in the position she is in her mother encouraged sex instead of teaching her safe sex and lets her run the streets cys is involved but her moms got them feeling sorry for her im on thier support plan and i am willing to guid her which i do try but you know how teens are.. but as i said her moms house is not safe for a baby and she wont do anything about it they have 5 dogs sometimes more which add to the disgustingness. she was fine there up untill she got pregnant and now realizes that she has no choice but to grow up and that her child hood is gone,and sorry i didnt read that sticky before posting this lol but she will still be visited by child services on reg. basis and she has ppl in her life like me that will supervise. we are in a small town so it wont be hard but she want s to prove herself to be responsible she knows its going to be hard and wishes there was another way if i c ould afford it i would take her in myself...

Comment

Originally posted by tiffwill78133 View Post
          yes i understand completely but shes not getting that supervision from her mother which is how she ended up in the position she is in her mother encouraged sex instead of teaching her safe sex and lets her run the streets cys is involved but her moms got them feeling sorry for her im on thier support plan and i am willing to guid her which i do try but you know how teens are.. but as i said her moms house is not safe for a baby and she wont do anything about it they have 5 dogs sometimes more which add to the disgustingness. she was fine there up untill she got pregnant and now realizes that she has no choice but to grow up and that her child hood is gone,and sorry i didnt read that sticky before posting this lol but she will still be visited by child services on reg. basis and she has ppl in her life like me that will supervise. we are in a small town so it wont be hard but she want s to prove herself to be responsible she knows its going to be hard and wishes there was another way if i c ould afford it i would take her in myself...

And where is the other parent?

Who are you in this?

Comment

her dad is in jail and not aloud around minors per sexual predator... i started out as just someone she was able to talk to about something that ad something that happened to her when she was younger which i have also gone through, her mom has talked to me about me taking custody of her but that was before the pregnancy and well its awkward.. anyhow i am a family friend and thanks for answering my question, i just didnt want her to end up in the system but her mom just wont be a parent its really sad because she has the will to take responsibility for her mistake and this is one lesson she had to learn the hard way but now i guess its too late

Comment

Working...
            X