X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York

-lol-

Last edited by MYSTERYBABY74; 05-09-2011, 11:03 AM.

You posted a specific set of questions in another thread. These individual forums are for specific law questions, not statements.

When someone comes along that has experience with your situation, they will try to point you in the right direction. It is early on a Monday, and not all the volunteers have come on yet.

Comment

FYI the state of NY does not have a procedure by which you can become an emancipated minor through the courts. IF you are living on your own WITH parental permission AND completely supporting yourself without assistance (that means not living with other friends or family who will be paying some or all of your care, but YOU paying 100% of your rent, utilities, food, clothing, medical care, insurance, transportation, school fees and supplies, staples, and all other incidentals of life) while simultaneously going to school and getting better than average grades, the state MIGHT be persuaded to consider you emancipated. Or it might not.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

cbg, Look up the other posts by this poster. She is starting to bring up old threads trying to get a long question answered.

Comment

excuse me gotsmart thank you for reading as well as cbg.. ..yes i am asking for questions whats wrong with that..and saw the other poster who posted something that i somewhat i can relate to in a sence.
          Last edited by MYSTERYBABY74; 05-09-2011, 07:43 AM.

Comment

The responders on this website reserve the right to skip any postings that are too long or hard to read. Nothing is wrong with asking questions, but no one is required to answer either. If it's too hard to read, it will get left.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I read your other thread. My suggestion is you need counseling. You are 36 and are still very upset with things that happened 20 years ago.

Even if you were not legally emancipated then, what do you imagine happening now?

Your mother may have screwed up but you are an adult and should take responsibility for yourself and your actions. Many adults have had a bad childhood but make themselves successful as an adult.

I want to reiterate that you need counseling!

Comment

sorry about my punctuation, didnt know it was that important based in what im asking.it's the internet not a collage report being grading on. sorry to sound rude but too many websites knock/bump people off when asking a good question on a topic and unfair to knock um over it...im sure someone will look over the whats evers..and will be willing to answer or guild me in the questions for what ever it may be.

Comment

Last edited by MYSTERYBABY74; 05-09-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MYSTERYBABY74 View Post
                    hi hrma...i have been responsible with myself since i was 16 and married and still is-how many 16 yrs old do you know who who get married and stay married to this very day-what youll find many girls who were in my situation then who have 20 kids by now with 20 diff men and not knowing who is who and on welfare ..not many to tell you who stick it out-and im proud to say i stook it out..but not proud of the others things relating to family matters and legal issues in a family......i completed hs with child in arms-got my diploma,i work a very good job and raised my kid along with her father and i am successful in life but not successfull finding my father..and yes would you be mad as hell too if your mother treated you like a person with no value to them and keep ur birthrights to themselves.
                    so your thinking it ok to bring a child into the world make no effort,and child is responsible for thieir future-no it the parents to provide to give that to the child a chance in life and then be treated like a throw way- like a dead parakeet?

i asked my mom to go to couciling she so refuses like as if it the devil or the boogieman..couciling is to help and to guild not to tell you what do to..one person when there's 2..have to work it out togehter..unfair for just one..

as for couciling --it works-but not for all.
                    You need individual counseling for yourself, not with your mom. It is great that you have a successful life now. But you cannot change your past or your mom. You need counseling so you can stop dwelling on the past.

Unfortunately there are many parents today who should not have had children. I do not think it is right but due to civil liberties people cannot be sterilized which would be my preference for people who harm or don't take care of their children.

Keep in mind, even if you find your father he may not want anything to do with you. Legally he would not have to have DNA testing to prove he is your father and he wouldn't have to disclose the family medical history to you.

Comment

Keep in mind, even if you find your father he may not want anything to do with you. Legally he would not have to have DNA testing to prove he is your father and he wouldn't have to disclose the family medical history to you.[/QUOTE]

umm, i am ready for anything positive or negitive if i do find him-i have prepared myself wheather..if he's alive or dead, i need to know more about nys law and child rights dating back from when i was born to this very let say day

that information will be very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                      X