• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what Emancipation is meant to be for-- Pennsylvania

This girl is amazing!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/b...hschool-wp1647

Yes, she is!
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I do not think that the majority of those who post here seeking an Emancipation truly understand the hardships that being granted one can bring.

To be blunt, you give up your teen years in exchange for adult responsibilities. It is not a party it is not a means of breaking free from parental control. You will have very little time to do the normal teenage things. The amount of stress that is heaped upon you is something that can be understood by having one explain.

This girl has worked hard, and should be proud of what she has done!

Comment

You can't pick your family, but you can be nice to them.

That would clear up 75% of the emancipation problems on this board.

Comment

I truly believe that the large percentage of posters who ask about emancipation, think it means having parental rights stripped and guardianship given to someone else. Probably an informal guardianship where the "emancipated minor" can come and go as s/he pleases while the "guardian" pays the bills. I even had one poster ask how much money his father would be required to pay towards his support after he was emancipated.

A fair portion of the remainder think it means that they don't have to go see or talk to the parent they're mad at.

Not even all the parents who post here on the topic truly get it.

I think I'm going to sticky this post.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I have had to force family members to face each other and speak. You may want to "kill" them, but they will always have your back. The trick is to remember the complements, and forgive the words that came out when that person was hurting, and did not really mean to pass it on. You never know what they have gone through.

I was mad at my father for the way he treated me until I learned how he grew up, and what he did in WWII.

25% of the worlds population has no electricity.

40% has no indoor plumbing.

15% do not have enough to eat

I could go on.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
              I truly believe that the large percentage of posters who ask about emancipation, think it means having parental rights stripped and guardianship given to someone else. Probably an informal guardianship where the "emancipated minor" can come and go as s/he pleases while the "guardian" pays the bills. I even had one poster ask how much money his father would be required to pay towards his support after he was emancipated.

A fair portion of the remainder think it means that they don't have to go see or talk to the parent they're mad at.

Not even all the parents who post here on the topic truly get it.

I think I'm going to sticky this post.
              Yep. Boy, those kids! Aren't they something! Here they are, all knowing and and super duper smart, yet for whatever reason society must force these brainiacs to stay in the custody of their parents. Hell, them kids, being so omnipotent with their knowledge and expertise, cannot ever possible be expected to know how to get a job, pay rent, buy food, or even get themselves emancipated. Nahhhh. Them kids are too good for that.

Me, I moved out on my own when I was 17. I didn't ask. I worked my *** off. Those kids want it easy? They should really be sincere about doing it the easy way and join the USMC. Those pesky marines, someone has to show "them" the ropes, and those super duper brainiac kids are just the ones they need! lol!
              Last edited by cactus jack; 05-27-2011, 02:40 AM.
              I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
              Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
              I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
              Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Working...
              X