This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abusive Dad undfit mother Indiana

My name is not needed, only that im am sixteen years old, and have been taking care of my mother and father sense i was 7 years old. Resontly this year i was put in the hosbitle by my father my parents are not divorsed but my mother is unfit to take care of me. i get 850 in ssi, each mounth. After i was put in the hosbitle i was kicked out of my dads house. I moved in with my friend. Her parnets want custidy of me but it seems to me it is easir to do things my self my grades in school are A's and C's. I have only missed 4 days this year due to illness. Is it possible to get emancipated with only my mother on my birthcertifict or dose she need to fill it out? please help
    ~~~~NIKKI

Is this a joke? With that kind of spelling I would think you were about 8.
    I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

How much do you earn a month? What is your plan for independent living?

You will need to show the judge that you are capable of complete self support (that does NOT mean living with someone else and having them paying some or all of your expenses; it means that you and you alone can pay your own rent (market rate, not a token paid to live in your friend's house); utilities; food; clothing; transportation; insurance; medical care; staples; school fees and supplies; etc. And that while you are earning enough to pay for all that, you are still going to school and getting better than average grades.

If you can't do that, then none of the rest matters. You will NOT be emancipated by the court if you cannot do all of the above.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Nikki,

You do not mention if you are in an abusive situation or not; if you are, you need to call Child Protective Services. It is their job to make sure you are safe, if your parents do not.

Otherwise, continue getting good grades, get some help with your spelling (it will make a difference when you begin working!) and do your best to keep the peace in your family.

When you are 18 you will be able to live where you wish.

Good luck.

Comment

Agree with lolcat - nice post.
          Last edited by Betty3; 05-05-2011, 05:03 PM. Reason: change word
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

If i interpreted the OP correctly, she is saying she was put in the hospital by her father. If it was abuse I would expect CPS to be involved.

Comment

Originally posted by HRinMA View Post
              If i interpreted the OP correctly, she is saying she was put in the hospital by her father. If it was abuse I would expect CPS to be involved.
              Especially since all ER personnel are mandated reporters.

Talk to CPS.

Comment

It's a bad situation. Mother isn't able to care for her & Dad kicked her out of
                his house.
                Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
                X