No announcement yet.

question Missouri

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • question Missouri

    I live in Missouri and I am 22 years old. I have not lived with my parents for 2 years and they have not claimed me on the taxes as a dependent for 2 years. I want to go back to school but will not receive any aid because I have to list their income to apply for aid. I was told that if I can become emancipated from my parents that I can file independently. What is the process for emancipation in Missouri for my situation?

  • #2
    Scroll down to #17.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      This is the second thread in a couple of months where an over-18 poster is somehow getting eligibility for student financial aid mixed up with legal emancipation. Is there some new info going around that's causing this?

      In the above link, to me, #11 is more important. If an adult is independent of their parents, the questions about parents' info should never come up, right?
      Last edited by TSCompliance; 02-15-2011, 10:38 AM.


      • #4
        I am not familiar with filing for student aid. My brother is older than me but is still dependent of my parents. He said that he cannot file by himself until he is 24 years old or something like that. I am just trying to find a way around that if possible seeing that I receive no financial assistance from my parents and would be paying for college by myself.


        • #5
          I found this, but it's from 2008-2009, so the date of birth part will be outdated.


          • #6
            Alright, thanks for the info. Apparently I still am a dependent student somehow even though I am not dependent on my parents in any way, shape, or form.