This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

I am seventeen. and want to move out. i know some laws have changed since 2005 but what exactly did you find out about the laws for moving out at seventeen

What state do you live in?

Comment

Hmmm, wonder where my response went.

This post was one of a number of hijacking posts on a thread about Georgia laws so I assume that this fellow was in Georgia as well - if not, he will need to say so.

I moved his post to a new thread as multiple posters in the thread he hijacked were told to do, and locked the original thread as it appears that no 17 year old in Georgia - or possibly the US - understands what the words, Start your own thread, mean.

I also told him that the laws in GA have actually tightened up since the 6 year old thread he attached his question to was originally posted, and he can move out at 17 only if he has the permission of his parents. If not, he stays where he is until he is 18.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I think your response went into its own thread. I saw it after I posted.

Comment

curious - thanks for letting me know.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

This was posted in the emancipation forum & if state is Ga -

Quoting Georgia Code 15-11-202.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(a) A minor seeking emancipation shall file a petition for emancipation in the juvenile court in the county where the minor resides. The petition shall be signed and verified by the minor, and shall include all of the following information:
            (1) The minors full name and birth date, and the county and state where the minor was born;

(2) A certified copy of the minors birth certificate;

(3) The name and last known address of the minors parents, guardian, or custodian;

(4) The minors present address and length of residency at that address;

(5) A declaration by the minor indicating that he or she has demonstrated the ability to manage his or her financial affairs; the minor may include any information he or she considers necessary to support the declaration; and

(6) A declaration by the minor indicating that he or she has the ability to manage his or her personal and social affairs; the minor may include any information he or she considers necessary to support the declaration.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

It should be noted, however, that the state of Georgia has actively chosen to make it more difficult for a minor to meet the requirements for emancipation and few, if any, applications will be approved.

Comment

I agree with that.
                Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
                X