This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you know about firing a counselor because of advice

I have a 17 yr old daughter who has been seeing a counselor, who recently told my daughter she emancipated her parents at her age of 16. I feel this encouraging my daughter to do so. My daughter had the papers and papers for power of attny, to begin and I told counselor I would never allow her to do this. I have legal custody of her. Her father went nuts when he heard this. I fear she may do something again when she is with him for the next 2 weeks.

Any suggestions? I suggested she go to the court and ask the judge to review the parenting plan with her, thus perhaps allowing her to have more say in where she must be. She seems to like her counselor, though I am not wanting to continue with her services, and will write a letter stating so.

Was the counselor appointed by the court? Or was it your decision solely to have her see a counselor, and this particular counselor.

BTW, re: emancipation in Oregon.
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_t...laws_in_Oregon
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

response about counselor

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
      Was the counselor appointed by the court? Or was it your decision solely to have her see a counselor, and this particular counselor.

BTW, re: emancipation in Oregon.
      http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_t...laws_in_Oregon
      Yes, this counselor is one we hired on our own and our 21 yr old saw many years ago. She was not appointed by the court. I am ready to write a letter to terminate her services, and tell her not to contact or see my daughter. I am researching my daughters cell phone bill working with Verizon right now also.
      Thank you

Comment

You hired her, you can terminate her services at any time (short of a bona fide contract to the contrary, which is unlikely in the extreme).
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Agree, you can always consider a different counselor.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Even though she is counseling your daughter, you are paying for it and you have the right to know what the counseling sessions comprise of. And IIRC if she is encouraging your daughter to leave home, and the counselor is not follow the "due process" (for abuse issues), then she is likely either endangering your child or contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
            I think it would be best if you had a sincere talk with that counselor and get this straightened out.
            I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
            Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
            I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
            Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Working...
            X