This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emancipation Georgia

hi im a 16 year old female wanting to become emancipated and i wanted to no if i can and how can i go about it in ga...also my mom agree with this choice!
    need help

The first thing you should know is that Georgia has tightened up its laws so that it's much more difficult to be emancipated. Another poster here, who is in GA and was in contact with the appropriate agencies, was able to determine that in 2005, out of several hundred (perhaps thousands) of applications, twelve were approved. Twelve. Ten fingers and two toes. A football team plus one coach.

The GA state legislature decided that twelve was too many, so they changed the law. Under the current law, none of the twelve would be eligible. Not one minor emancipation has been approved in GA since then.

So, what are your circumstances that the judge should approve you as the first emancipation in several years? Do you have a proven record of self-support? Would your teachers say that you are more than usually mature for your age? What are your grades like? Do you have a place to live that is not dependent on someone else? How about a budget showing how you are going to pay rent, food, clothes, utilities, transportation, medical care, insurance, school fees and supplies, and all the other incidentals of life while still going to school and getting good grades?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X