This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rights for minors Virginia

hey for anyone that feels like answering this...
    i just wanted to know all of MY legal rights as a minor. i have already read a book called UP AGAINST THE LAW YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AS A MINOR but it was kinda skippy and didn't answer all my questions. any answer will do EXCEPT that i don't have any. by the way i am 14 if that helps.

That is WAY too broad a question to be answered. (Btw, you posted this in the emancipation section so I will tell you that under NO circumstances can you be emancipated at 14.)

Do you have specific questions about specific rights? It is impossible to post an all-inclusive list of each and every right you may have as a minor.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

oh sorry i know i can't be emancipated or anything you already answered that in my last thread. i am just curious of rights like freedom of speech, jobs, anything in that section really. and my bad about putting it in the emancipation area i forgot to switch.

Comment

You have the same right of freedom of speech as anyone else, with the same limitations. You do not have the right to a job (no one does).

As I said, it is impossible to come up with a list of rights. You will have to ask specific questions.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

okay, here then what type of jobs can i get? can i get a job? what hours can i work?

Comment

That was answered in your other thread.

BTW, it took me about 15 seconds on google to find this:

http://www.hanovercareers.org/child_labor_laws.htm
            Last edited by cbg; 04-07-2009, 04:47 PM.

Comment

thanks and btw you are quick you are like the first person to respond to my threads every time you have been very helpful thanks i will look at the site.

Comment

I'm glad I was able to help and if you have other questions you can certainly post them.

But I suspect with a little effort you can find a lot of your answers yourself. You know how to use google as well as I do.

I'm not being nasty and I'm here to help. But I know from reading your posts that you are looking at being on your own as soon as you legally can. If that is your goal then you need to start learning to take care of things yourself and not depend on other people to take care of them or find them for you.

That's intended only as a piece of helpful advice. It does not mean that I won't be willing to answer any more questions - I certainly will.

Comment

thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X