• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tkdhcic
    started a topic 16 In Delaware

16 In Delaware

I am currently living in Delaware.

I am 16 and I would like more information to see if emancipation is a good idea for me. My boyfriend is 21 and my mother absolutely loves him, we get along great and have been dating for a while.

He has a house and can support himself, I am looking to move in with him, I understand that most judges will not grant emancipation if you can not support yourself. I make about $2,000 a month, so I could if I needed to.

My mother fully supports our relationship. I just don't want him to get in trouble for being around me.

Is emancipation a good idea or should I be looking into something else?

• Morgana
    replied
    To add to cbg:
    Emancipation is intended for a person who is self supporting.
    That means living alone and working to earn a sufficient amount of money to support yourself without assistance from anyone.
    Living with your boyfriend is not self supporting.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    There is not a judge in the world who will emancipate a 16 year old so that she can move in with her 21 year old boyfriend, no matter how much she makes or how much her mother likes the idea. Don't even go there. It will never, ever happen.

And I know you don't want to hear this and won't believe me, but there is something wrong with a 21 year old man who is interested in a 16 year old child.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X