This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 and tired of abuse Virginia

hi, i am a 14 year old boy. i am sick and tired of my parents abusing my rights. i need help with info about emancipation (if possible, i do have a job), and/or suing them. i have read a couple of books about my rights and what i can do to stop them. i need serious help. the last time my parents and i got into a fight my dad put me into a lock and squeezed my back for over 30 minutes. at the end when he finally let go i could not walk. i had to drag myself down some stairs and out the door before he caught his breath. i barely made it and locked the door. it took me over 20 minutes to drag myself down stairs and out the door. in total this distance was about 80 yards. it was not much. i could not put any weight on my back for over an hour. what can i do? like i said i am sick and tired of them pushing me to the point of extreme pain! this was not the first time they have done something like that either!
    please help POSITIVELY i really do not want to have to read any negative things. i strongly dislike it so please be kind i have gone through a lot.

I'm sorry that you're in a bad situation. But the plain and simple fact is that there is only one state that will even consider emancipating a 14 year old and that state is not Virginia. Emancipation is not an option.

If you are being abused the solution is to call CPS.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

the problem with that is that my parents disconnect all the phones.

Comment

Do they have a phone at the school?
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

not one that i can use right off hand or just about anytime. to be honest i don't want to call cps cause i am afraid of what my parents would do. you see the last time i was going to my dad called the hospital to see if they had a spare room for the insane.

Comment

I understand what you are saying. But nothing you are saying is going to cause there to be a law allowing you to be emancipated at 14. And if you can't get to a phone to call CPS, you can't get to a phone to call the court clerk for emancipation papers.

I'm not being negative. I'm telling you what the law says. The law says that you cannot be emancipated at age 14. Or 15, for that matter. 16 is the absolute minimum age that your state (and most states that even allow minor emancipation - not all states do) will even consider a petition for emancipation. Emancipation is very rare and only granted in circumstances where you can prove, to the satisfaction of the judge, that you are capable of being self-sufficient, which at your age is not possible. Which means that you have to get through the next 2 years somehow. And maybe longer, because while emancipation at 16 is possible, it is by no means guaranteed. According to numbers I have seen, less than one percent of emancipations requested nationally are granted.

If you're afraid to call CPS yourself, then talk to a trusted adult. A teacher, guidance counselor, pastor/rabbi/priest, doctor; any of the above can help you.

Comment

ok thanks for your help. i have learned alot. thank you.

Comment

Tell a teacher or school counselor what is going on. They are required to call CPS. This is your best bet to get out of a bad situation.

Comment

Working...
                X