Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 Year old girl needed help to get out of violant house.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 Year old girl needed help to get out of violant house.

I am currently 16 years old, soon to be 17 in September. I wish to be emancipated from my house. I do not consider this place my home, It is a bad environment for me to be living in. My family constantly fights and drags everyone else in the house down with them. My parents are both physically violent and Mentally. Recently my mother slapped me across the face for trying to talk to her. It has gotten to the point where my mother and father one tried to kill themselves. It was this been to where I ran away from home for 4 days, I was terrified to come home and I had a reason to. Once I came back to this house my family has been a lot my cruel to me. It was to the point of a fight that my father threw a frying pan at me and barely missed my head. I cannot take living here. Most of the time I'm terrified to leave my own room. I do not feel safe. People ask me why do I go to the police? I do not have prove on what has happened in my house, nor will anyone stay up and say it for me. I wish to finish school. I am a junior at a local high school. I want to finish school, but I cannot take it living here it's just too bad of an environment for me right now. I don't even consider it to be my home. I can't wait till I'm 18 I need to get now. So if anyone knows anything about emancipation in Florida please help.

In Florida, unless YOUR PARENTS will sign the petition, emancipation is not going to happen, and even if they will, you will need to prove to the satisfaction of the judge that you are fully capable of paying rent, food, clothing, utilities, medical care, transportation, insurance, school fees and supplies, and all the other incidential of life, before he will even consider emancipation as an option. Emancipation is very, very rare.

If you are being abused, your option is to call CPS.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Yeah. An option that will not get very far. I have no prrof and my family has a way of keeping my brothers quiet.
      So there's no way unless my legal graudian fills out the paperwork basically?

Comment

None whatsoever. That is an absolute requirement under Florida law. No parental signature, no emancipation.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Geez Florida sucks.
          Is there any possible way to get out of this house before I hit 18?

Comment

Originally posted by XxBunnixX View Post
            Geez Florida sucks.
            Is there any possible way to get out of this house before I hit 18?
            Other than being removed from your home by CPS upon finding evidence that you are in danger if your remain.....No.

FYI...even if CPS were to find that you are abused, that is still no guarantee that you would be removed from your home. Removing a child from the home is the last resort, not the first.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
            (unique up on him)
            How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
            (same way)

Comment

Emancipation is no easier in any other state. It's SUPPOSED to be hard to qualify.

Please note: Emancipation is not now and never was intended to allow kids to leave home, regardless of their circumstances. It was and is intended to be a way to provide legal protections to those kids who, through no fault of their own, found themselves on their own.

Comment

okay. I get what yo're saying,
                Now what if there was proof upon illegal materials found in my parents pocession?

Comment

That might - MIGHT - make it easier for CPS to decide to put you in foster care. It might not. It would not make a single bit of difference with regards to emancipation.

Comment

that's true but it's all a matter of getting out of this house, before the brink of insanity.
                    Now what would go about in foster care?

Comment

Working...
                    X