This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 n tryin to emancipate in KY Kentucky

Im 16 and i live in Kentucky. I am trying to get emancipated from my parents, but, can't find any information on how to do it or if its possible. PLEASE HELP!!
    Live Love &Die sooner than yu think

There is no statute for emancipation in KY. It is not possible for you to file.

Comment

Seriously? That sucks! What about just moving out? Do i need parental consent to do that?

Comment

Seriously.

And no, you cannot just move out without permission. You are a minor under your parent's control, and you do what they tell you to do, until you are 18. THEN you can go.

Moving out without their permission is not moving out, it is running away. Running away means they can call the police and have you hauled back home, or even deemed a delinquent, in which case you get to enjoy the digs of Juvenile hall. Also, anyone who lets you stay with them faces prosecution for harboring a runaway and/or other charges. Seriously.

Comment

Soooo....basically theres no way of getting out of my parents house....whatsoever???????

Comment

NOW you're getting the idea.

No permission, no move out.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms. Caves View Post
              Soooo....basically theres no way of getting out of my parents house....whatsoever???????
              Based on the extremely limited information you have provided, the only way for you to leave your parents house is to turn 18. At that time, you are free to live where you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
                NOW you're getting the idea.

No permission, no move out.
                Okay so let me lay it out for you....SMART ***!!!!

My whole life I've looked like my mom. So, every time my mom goes out, I get treated badly by my dad, just because i look like her.
                My parents raise my 5 brothers and sisters but they don't raise me. I have to wear my little sisters clothes because they haven't bought me any new clothes in at least the past year. If i need new panties*sorry to have to tell u this* then i have to go out and steal me some. My parents complain about having to buy me tampons, but they'll buy my sister at least 2-3 boxes like 2 weaks before she even starts. and i have to wait until ive already bled all over myself. sorry thats a lil personal but it's life.
                My parents told me this past tuesday that im the stupidest person they've ever met because: I told my principal about how i was on drugs but i quit because i had to give my bf CPR and save him because he almost died from them. I told him because i was seeking help. I cant get help from home if there are drugs all around me. I get into trouble for something my brothers or sisters do. It's always my fault. My older brother beats on his girlfriend in my house, and they dont care. But they want to break me and my bf up because he supports my ciggarette habit, but my brothers gf supports his. My life has been so bad my whole life, and im tired. They've kicked me out before, but then told me where i was and wasn't allowed to stay. They always make me come back too, so that they dont have to pay a curfew ticket. Im tired of it and i need to get away.!!!!!!!!

Comment

Okay so let me lay it out for you....SMART ***!!!!

My whole life I've looked like my mom. So, every time my mom goes out, I get treated badly by my dad, just because i look like her.
                  My parents raise my 5 brothers and sisters but they don't raise me. I have to wear my little sisters clothes because they haven't bought me any new clothes in at least the past year. If i need new panties*sorry to have to tell u this* then i have to go out and steal me some. My parents complain about having to buy me tampons, but they'll buy my sister at least 2-3 boxes like 2 weaks before she even starts. and i have to wait until ive already bled all over myself. sorry thats a lil personal but it's life.
                  My parents told me this past tuesday that im the stupidest person they've ever met because: I told my principal about how i was on drugs but i quit because i had to give my bf CPR and save him because he almost died from them. I told him because i was seeking help. I cant get help from home if there are drugs all around me. I get into trouble for something my brothers or sisters do. It's always my fault. My older brother beats on his girlfriend in my house, and they dont care. But they want to break me and my bf up because he supports my ciggarette habit, but my brothers gf supports his. My life has been so bad my whole life, and im tired. They've kicked me out before, but then told me where i was and wasn't allowed to stay. They always make me come back too, so that they dont have to pay a curfew ticket. Im tired of it and i need to get away.!!!!!!!!

First and foremost, if you seriously want to be considered an "adult," you need to learn that mature people do not respond the way you did here, particularly your first line.

This is a website full of volunteers. If you don't like the advice, go pay a lawyer. You asked a question, and were given the answer, yet still tried to ask the SAME question.

You are telling us that you have a drug habit, you smoke cigarettes, and you have already gotten your parents fined for being out past curfew. Even if there were a way for you to be emancipated, you would not qualify based on what you have written here.

There is no law that parents have to treat their children the same. They can allow your brother to smoke, and ground you for it. They can buy your sister a lifetime suppy of tampons, but make you purchase your own. They can even tell you that they think you are stupid for admitting to your principal that you have a drug habit. Do I like any of that? No, I do not. But none of these things qualify as abuse. And judging by your response of calling someone giving you FREE ADVICE a "smart ***," I am going to reasonably guess that you are not some little angel at home who is being unfairly mistreated by her parents. If one of my sons spoke to me that way, he'd get an earful as well.

And to address your comment about bleeding all over yourself, not only was it unnecessary and disgusting, but I have to say, if you cannot figure out something as simple as tracking your period so as to not "bleed all over" yourself every month, then you are no where near ready to live on your own.

Comment

Add -- if you truly feel you are being abused at home, call 1-800-4-A-CHILD.

If you truly spoke to your principal about your drug habit and your home life, s/he was obligated to report that.

Comment

Originally posted by MomofBoys View Post
                      First and foremost, if you seriously want to be considered an "adult," you need to learn that mature people do not respond the way you did here, particularly your first line.

This is a website full of volunteers. If you don't like the advice, go pay a lawyer. You asked a question, and were given the answer, yet still tried to ask the SAME question.

You are telling us that you have a drug habit, you smoke cigarettes, and you have already gotten your parents fined for being out past curfew. Even if there were a way for you to be emancipated, you would not qualify based on what you have written here.

There is no law that parents have to treat their children the same. They can allow your brother to smoke, and ground you for it. They can buy your sister a lifetime suppy of tampons, but make you purchase your own. They can even tell you that they think you are stupid for admitting to your principal that you have a drug habit. Do I like any of that? No, I do not. But none of these things qualify as abuse. And judging by your response of calling someone giving you FREE ADVICE a "smart ***," I am going to reasonably guess that you are not some little angel at home who is being unfairly mistreated by her parents. If one of my sons spoke to me that way, he'd get an earful as well.

And to address your comment about bleeding all over yourself, not only was it unnecessary and disgusting, but I have to say, if you cannot figure out something as simple as tracking your period so as to not "bleed all over" yourself every month, then you are no where near ready to live on your own.

Okay you obviosly cant read. 1. i never said that i got them fined for curfew. i said they make me come home so that i dont. 2. i have an irregular period, it's not my fault it cant be tracked. 3. i didnt say that i dont use anything i said that they complain about buying them for me. 4. i never said i was abused, i said I GET TREATED BADLY!!! 5. I do talk to my parents with respect, im just not going to talk to someone with respect whos gonna treat me like im slow. And last but not least...i did not ask the same question, im just looking for any loopholes to get out of that house. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!

Comment

Nothing you have posted creates any kind of legal loophole. Even if there were an emancipation statute in your state, which there is not, which means emancipation is not possible NO MATTER WHAT, you would not be a candidate for emancipation based on your posting. Moving out without permission is, as you were told, called running away which means the BEST thing that can happen to you is that you get your smart little *** dragged back home again.

If you are truly being abused, which means more than your brother and sister being treated differently than you are, call the number posted above. It WILL be investigated and you CAN be thrown in Juvie for making a false claim, so be very darned sure you're ready for the consequences before you do so. If you don't like where you are, you'll HATE Juvie.
                        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Okay you obviosly cant read. 1. i never said that i got them fined for curfew. i said they make me come home so that i dont. 2. i have an irregular period, it's not my fault it cant be tracked. 3. i didnt say that i dont use anything i said that they complain about buying them for me. 4. i never said i was abused, i said I GET TREATED BADLY!!! 5. I do talk to my parents with respect, im just not going to talk to someone with respect whos gonna treat me like im slow. And last but not least...i did not ask the same question, im just looking for any loopholes to get out of that house. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!
                          Go ask someone else if you want a different answer. You are an outrageous brat who needs more discipline, not less. My parents are mean to me is never a valid reason for either emancipation or just to try and move out. My parents were mean to me to. That's becuase they were my parents, and I was a teenager. I thought EVERYONE was mean to me. You are not unique.

Changing your words around doens't magically make it a new question. You asked more than once if you can get out of your parent's home. The answer did not change.

If your period is that irregular, here's a little hint sweetie: when you are out of tampons, buy more. Only someone who lacks maturity would not know well enough to do that.

Comment

You really owe these people that did try to help you out an apology. Just because the answer you received wasn't exactly what you wanted nor near anything like you wanted doesn't mean their answer wasn't correct nor did anyone really show you any attitude at all before you lashed it out.

I honestly believe no one here was trying to be rude but you don't seem to understand how you're making yourself look here. You first state off asking if you can be emancipated we clearly learn you have little to no idea what that truly means which becomes obvious when you state that instead of going out and purchasing some you go out and "steal" them. That is clearly showing everyone that you are not mature enough to handle taking care of yourself.

Second of all, you are away you need to support yourself if you move out right? No one is going to pay your way the whole time. Which honestly at a time like this is just isn't smart to think you can make it on your own when you can't buy your own clothes. In case you didn't notice the economy is heading for a depression which means its going to get harder on everyone.

There are no legal loopholes to get your out of your house without permission. If you can lash out on those who without being rude tried to help you I can only imagine how you treat those around you at home. You need to remain at home, with your best interest in mind you wouldn't make it on your own right now. If you get treated badly talk to someone at school, find your local YWCA/YMCA and talk to someone there running away and thinking that you can throw an attitude will change the answer for you, surely won't.

Comment

Okay you guys are ****ing idiots!! If im stealing then obviously that means that i have no money, and my parents arent paying for them. And dont try and start on me about jobs either because like you said were heading into a depression, and NOBODY here is hiring, believe me i tried to get a job . My family is on a fixed income and with what little money they do get they spend it on everyone else...hence the I WEAR MY LITTLE SISTERS CLOTHES AND HAVE TO STEAL PANTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that plays along with tampons. How am i supposed to buy tampons with no money??? Smart One!

Comment

Working...
                              X