This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmancipation in PA

I am currently enlisted in the Marine Corps. I leave for basic in a month and will still be 17 when I return after the three months. Will I be considered an emmancipated minor since I am in the governments care and what not?

Delayed Entry Program????

Are you on the delayed entry program? You will not be considered emancipated until you are on active duty and/or turn 18.
    Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Right now, I am in DEP. But I will be considered active duty when I leave in February. Will I be considered an emmancipated minor when I get back?

Comment

Are going full time active duty or are you going into the reserves/guard? If you are going to be going home after the 3 months in regards to reserves/guard or with an actual active duty report date of let's say August, you will not be considered emancipated until you are FULL TIME ACTIVE DUTY or 18.

Comment

After basic, you get 10 days vacation from the Marine Corps. Paid and it's mandatory! I will then go to MCT after those ten days! Will I be Active during that time???

Comment

I am VERY familiar with the military. You are not answering my question...are you FULL TIME active duty immediately finishing basic and MCT (assuming this is the training for your specific job classification) or will you return home, finish school and then be FULL TIME? Your 10 days leave between has nothing to do with it until you answer the question.

Comment

I graduate from high school next friday. I will not have to come back afterwards.

Comment

Are you FULL TIME active duty immediately finishing basic and MCT???????????????

I don't know how else to ask. OK..one more time. When you finish basic and MCT, will you report to a military installation and be FULL TIME, ACTIVE DUTY? If so, you are considered emancipated. If not, you will have to wait until you turn 18.

Comment

You don't fnig get it! I'm asking if, during my 10 day break after finishing basic before I go to MCT, will I be? That's my question! Yeah, I signed on for active!

Comment

Originally posted by rjmeldrum View Post
                    You don't fnig get it! I'm asking if, during my 10 day break after finishing basic before I go to MCT, will I be? That's my question! Yeah, I signed on for active!
                    Try showing more gratitude instead of attitude to someone who is trying to help you out especially when you don't make it clear in what you are saying or asking.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyinHawk View Post
                      Try showing more gratitude instead of attitude to someone who is trying to help you out especially when you don't make it clear in what you are saying or asking.
                      That attitude will be removed in basic. If not, basic will not be completed.

Comment

And when you answer the question that has been posed to you, someone will tell you. Until you provide all the facts which have been requested, we do not know the answer. It's not one-size-fits-all.

And I strongly suggest losing the attitude before you get to Basic, because if the military has to remove it, you won't like the way they go about it.
                        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Oh I just hate that I missed his/her tantrum. But as others have said, basic will change all that. And just wait until he/she realizes that being emancipated will not be near the relief it is assumed to be. Especially when Uncle Sam dictates when, why and where to do anything and everything.

Comment

Working...
                          X