This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emancipation Help? Delaware

I have a few questions about emancipation.
    First, let me explain my reasonings..
    I feel as if I'm getting no where in life because of my parents. My mother does not work or drive. We live with a crackhead, my stepdad, who rarely works and does countless numbers of illegal and just plain horrible things daily, around myself and my little brothers (from drugs, to stealing, to neglecting the bills, to beating my mother and 13 year old brother etc.)At this very moment, our electricity has been off for 4 days and nights. Just to give you a little idea of how cold it's been in my bedroom,I'll let you know that it's been snowing as well. We eat once a day, usually food from the dollar menu at McDonalds, unless we go to school.

(I will finish this post soon. I am in school at the moment and it's time to switch classes.)

Jess, I'll save you the trouble. There is no statute for emancipation of a minor in Delaware.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thank you.

I was not aware of that.

One more question..

If an informal contract granting me emancipation were signed by myself and a parent, would that be valid?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

No. Your parents can give you permission to move out of the home but it would not grant you legal emancipated status.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

They can also revoke that permission at any time
          http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by jess24 View Post
            I have a few questions about emancipation.
            First, let me explain my reasonings..
            I feel as if I'm getting no where in life because of my parents. My mother does not work or drive. We live with a crackhead, my stepdad, who rarely works and does countless numbers of illegal and just plain horrible things daily, around myself and my little brothers (from drugs, to stealing, to neglecting the bills, to beating my mother and 13 year old brother etc.)At this very moment, our electricity has been off for 4 days and nights. Just to give you a little idea of how cold it's been in my bedroom,I'll let you know that it's been snowing as well. We eat once a day, usually food from the dollar menu at McDonalds, unless we go to school.

(I will finish this post soon. I am in school at the moment and it's time to switch classes.)
            You really need to speak to your school counselor or some other adult about the abuse and neglect. You should do this ASAP.

Comment

Working...
            X