This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my friend cassie Michigan

i told my friend she should get emancipated. now she wont stop talking about it. what should i do?

Why did you tell her that in the first place? How old is she?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

i had to

she is 15 turing 16 she is adopted and her family treats her like crap even my parents see it.

Comment

That's not what emancipation is for. Emancipation is not and never was designed to allow a teenager to leave home, no matter how badly her family treats her. If she is being abused the recourse is to call CPS, not to emancipate.

Emancipation was and is designed to provide legal protections to those teenagers who, through circumstances they had no control over, found themselves on their own.

Tell me, does Cassie have a job? Can she pay for rent, food, clothes, utilities, medical care, transportation, insurance, school supplies and fees, all on her own without any help? Does she have a place to live? Can she show a judge a plan for independent living that includes showing him a budget of how much she earns, how much she pays in expenses, and how she will continue to earn her living while going to school?
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

And a simple and correct answer to your personal question of 'what do I do' is that you tell her you were wrong to speak of something you know nothing about. You have since found out that your information was incorrect and that she should talk to her family, therapist, school counselor, priest/pastor/rabbi/whatever.... to try to improve her relationship with her parents.
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

Working...
          X