X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is an ignore feature if you do not want to read my posts
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Yes, you are certainly showing the maturity a judge would look for in deciding to emancipate you.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by kenzibby View Post
        okay.
        whatever you say.
        thanks for nothing :]
        but technically i posted this just like a bunch of other teens who are ready to get out.
        basically just to see if anyone is listening and to have the opinion but NOT to be talked down to.

Even in my case, when I was seventeen and wanting to move in with my father instead of my mother (and she was an alcoholic), I couldn't without my mother's permission.

A judge isn't going to let you move in with your boyfriend. You'd have a better chance if it was just a friend and even that chance would pretty much mean nothing.

You're not being talked down to, you're being talked to in a 'matter of fact' way because what you are getting is facts. You're talking to adults, you need to get used to not always getting your way. If you want someone to understand you, talk to your boyfriend.
        Last edited by hannah92190; 11-10-2008, 12:33 PM.
        ~Early Starter~

The comments above are based solely on my beliefs and experiences.

Comment

michigan

Originally posted by kenzibby View Post
          i live with my dad because my parents got divorced when i was 11 or 12 and i have lived with him since
          well not long after i moved in with him he got a girl friend and they have been together four years now and are living with us. she has two daughters and we all fight all the time.
          well anyways.. me and my dad argue all the time and never get along. im 16 and engaged to a boy named brandon. well me and brandon talk all the time and my dad makes me cry A LOT! well brandon wants me to live with him. and we are so broke and we never have food at the house. at least not food I like. and he always tells me to eat what we are having or dont eat. so i dont eat a lot because i cant help that im picky. and even right now as im typing this the youngest of my dads girlfriends daughters is yelling and being loud and just yesterday we got into a fist fight and im so tired of being here. my life is misserable and i used to cut myself a year ago until i got with brandon. he makes things easier but i still hate living here. i need help to get out of here. plus she is yelling and my dad told her to stop and she wont. and she is trying to start stuff. and im about to go in there and hurt her. I CANT STAND IT ANYMORE! i have lived like this for four years and they hate me. they really do. they talk about me. and tease me and practically harrass me. i cant live here anymore!
          if you cant take it then take matters into your own hands
          Last edited by kymwebber; 11-18-2008, 08:36 AM. Reason: i do not like the title i picked

Comment

Originally posted by kymwebber View Post
            if you cant take it then take matters into your own hands
            well that's probably not a good idea either seeing as how this girl seems to have an anger problem. Definitely not someone I would be trusting to be telling the entire truth. However, given the benefit of the doubt, she still cannot get emancipated. No matter how mad she gets.
            ~Early Starter~

The comments above are based solely on my beliefs and experiences.

Comment

You learn to get along with your step-siblings, talk to your dad about how you feel WITHOUT getting angry or defensive. You learn to shove food you don't like down your throat and if you want something you like, buy or learn to make it yourself, and offer to make it for the whole family so they can see what you like and try it.

Your cutting will land you in a therapist's office, not at your boyfriends.

You learn to deal with teasing in a non-violent way.

I'm only 2 years older than you and I'm telling you this, so it's not a "omg, the big bad adults are talking down to little ol' me" thing

Comment

I live in Georgia and have actually gone to the trouble, on a yearly basis, to muddle through the interesting state government records office to find out the statistics on teen emancipation.

In 2005, twelve teens were emancipated. Not twelve thousand or twelve hundred. Twelve. A football team with a sub.

All twelve were pregnant teens that married their boyfriends under a loophole in the Georgia law that allowed pregnant teens to avoid the parental consent waiver.

In that year, the Georgia legislature closed that loophole. It no longer exists.

Therefore, the Georgia courts are the only way to become emancipated. In the last three years, no children have been completely emancipated.

There is a program for teens to live independently as wards of the court. However, you will have to prove a great school record, a far better than average earning history, and a place to live independently.

Your caseworker will drop in on you monthly to make sure you are staying out of trouble. They will talk to your landlord and your boss. They will talk to your teacher and parents.

This program is to help the very poor survive. You already have a roof over your head. You have food in your belly.

No court in any jurisdiction is going to allow you to live with your boyfriend... the courts try to avoid situations where children and the children's children end up looking to the state for food, shelter and medical care.
                Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by hannah92190 View Post
                  well that's probably not a good idea either seeing as how this girl seems to have an anger problem. Definitely not someone I would be trusting to be telling the entire truth. However, given the benefit of the doubt, she still cannot get emancipated. No matter how mad she gets.
                  see now i did not know that now my opinion has changed a little about this one...

Comment

Working...
                  X