This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I WANT TO MOVE OUT... Georgia

Hi. i have a question. im 16 years of age and will be 17 in march. i want to move out my aunts house. a friend of mine wanted to move out, he was 17 and his mother called the police. they told her it wasnt nothing they could do. is this true? And is there any way i can move out at 16. and if not 16 then 17????? HELP!!!!!!

It is not true that the police CAN do nothing. Sometimes they CHOOSE to do nothing. If the parents push hard enough, trust me, they'll do something. Not to mention that the parents themselves can go to where their child is, pick him up bodily and put him in the car. They don't need the cops permission to bring their underage child back home.

You can move out without permission when you are 18.

You can move out with permission whenever permission is granted.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I WANT TO MOVE OUT... Georgia

But after posting my concern i did some research and found out that in the state of georgia i can move out once i turn 17. And my aunt cant do anything about it(which is great b/c she is very spiteful). I have tried working woth her and being the mature one and asked to go back with my mother and grandmother but she off and cursed me out and told me no. now its gotten to the point where she wont even let me call them during the week. and i can only call them on the weekend and thats only if shes home....its not right but she thinks shes has all the power and i wonna show her that he dont. i dont think i can hadle staying with her for the next five months that i have left til im 17 so is there anything i can do?

Comment

Originally posted by dgraham View Post
        But after posting my concern i did some research and found out that in the state of georgia i can move out once i turn 17. And my aunt cant do anything about it(which is great b/c she is very spiteful).
        That's great. Would you kindly enlighten us by posting the exact Georgia statute that states that a minor age 17 is an emancipated adult, and therefore can move out without permission?

Comment

Keeping in mind that Georgia recently tightened up its laws to prevent exactly that.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
          X