This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?????

But I would still have to live with my father until about January if I did not get Emancipated. Someone who is 17 [U]cannot[U] go to boot camp until you have your high school diploma.

Comment

You will not become emancipated before you join Marines and if judge finds out thats your plan he will nix emancipation anyhow. Why? you ask. simple you beomes emancipated once you join marines. Dont get excited yet if your service to our Country ends before your 18th birthday you revert back to parental care
      http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

What?

So your saying that when I join the Marines when I am 17, I will be considered Emancipated or something like that?

Comment

Yes however as stated if your service ends before your 18th birthday you revert back to parental care
          http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by rjmeldrum View Post
            So your saying that when I join the Marines when I am 17, I will be considered Emancipated or something like that?
            ONLY if you are active duty. DEP doesn't count.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
            (unique up on him)
            How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
            (same way)

Comment

emancipation in florida

hi im looking to be emancipated. Im 17 years old and i live with my grandmother. We dont look at things eye to eye and shes moving about 45 minutes from where we live now. I unfortunatley refuse to live that far away from my school and job. I have a good paying job about $300.00 every 2 weeks and a place to live for free (boyfriends house) we've been together for 2 and a half years and his parents have no problem lettingme live there. $150.00 a month would go to car insurance and $90 a month would go to gas. In the summer time i'd work way more hours and get a lot more money. My college is already paid for. The only bad thing is i dont think my grandmother will let me get emancipated. Im graduating high school in december (early) Is there anyway around her word? And is this a big enough case? Or because im 17 i can be emancipaed with out a huge case.?
              please help me

Comment

Boy I get tired of repeating myself.

Emancipation is not for kids that don't want to move or want to move into their boyfriend's house. Judges will not emancipate kids that are "gonna" get more hours or are "gonna" get a job.

I am really past frustrated with this.

Are you stupid? Do you really think there is a judge in the country that will let you become emancipated just so you can go play house with your boyfriend?

Start packing.
                Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

One more thing...

You make me laugh... "I refuse to live that far away."

Who, exactly, do you think you are to refuse anything?

Even if you got emancipated as quickly as possible (which, again, won't happen), you will still be moving with Grandma in the meantime.

You never mentioned how old your boyfriend is....

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

I also have to add that if you think $300 ever 2 weeks is good money, you're in for a big surprise.

Comment

I end up paying my BABYSITTER more than that a month and she babysits for me appx. 4-5 times a month.
                      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                      (unique up on him)
                      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                      (same way)

Comment

But, But...

If I want to make more than that, I will have to, like, give up my whole, like, social life and I want to, like, see my boyfriend!

I am a kid and I, like, should be allowed to be a kid!!! Even if I want to be considered an illegal adult!

Comment

Working...
                        X