This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 yr old i wunna move out help plz North Carolina

Ok right now my moms being really crazy she's tryin to send me off to some counseling camp or group home type thing. I asked her if i could go to job corps and she said yes, but now she's tryin to send me to some camp thing for counseling or drug abuse or something, when i dont even do drugs except socially smoking weed but im not on crack or anything so rehab shouldnt even come up.But anywayz i want to move out or go to job corps how much power does she have to make me not be able to move out? is there anywhere i can go?

Emancipation

I have a car so i have transportation
    im getting my GED ill be done in about 2 months
    im getting a job i have 3 interviews set up

so if i wait to get the job b4 filing to get emancipated do u think id have a shot?

To survive in this world, you must be literate.

Take it from someone that has been there, smoking weed is doing drugs.

If it alters your mind, and there is a law against it, it must be what its label says.

To be emancipated, you must have a proven track record of being able to care for yourself. One drug test and the judge will send you to camp.

Comment

Your mother has the power over your entire world.

Emancipation isn't an option. You are not living on your own. You do not have a job (gonna have's and will have's mean nothing).

If you go to court to petition, your mother will be there. She will say she was going to send you away for drug use. The judge will deny your request.

You are asking a judge to let you live on your own. You have proven that you cannot stay off drugs when you live under supervision.

You have no chance.
      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by One Lov3 View Post
        so if i wait to get the job b4 filing to get emancipated do u think id have a shot?
        No, you have no shot. As the previous poster stated Weed is a Drug and its no different than "crack" as you stated.

Your mother obviously cares about you and wants to get you help before you ruin your life. Go to the camp, do well there and maybe after your mother will allow you join Job Corps. You may learn something valuable about yourself at Camp, make the best of it.

Comment

how much power does she have to make me not be able to move out?

She has complete power. Until you are 18 you live where she says you live. If she says you don't move out, you don't move out. If she says you go to camp, you go to camp.

It really is that simple.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
          X