This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant, need emancipation help!! (Idaho) Idaho

I've been "researching" emancipation laws in Idaho for a good two hours now. All I get out of it is that there is none. But I'm kind of in a bind.
    I'm 16, pregnant.. With my boyfriend's baby. Who turns 18 in less than a month.
    The thing is, my mom has already threatened to press statutory rape charges. That's not the only thing I'm worried about.. I don't want to give the baby up for adoption, or abortion. I'm more than fit for the mother role. I've nannied for a good three years. Etc.
    I've actually been put on Diversion this month because of a fight with my dad. One night he got mad at me, and started hitting me. I called the cops, they didn't take a report, or pictures. I sent his wife a text the next day that said I hoped she died. After all that, I've had nothing but problems with living at my mom's. I'm no angel, but the mental abuse is getting to the point where I've thought of just running away. I can't handle having a baby, living here, and dealing with this.
    He has a house, we have money, jobs, cars, everything that we need. It's just I can't find any way of getting help. A girl at my work mentioned something about talking to a lawyer. But I still haven't run across anything like that in any laws.
    Anyone know anything I could do?
    I really need some help.
    Thanks in advance.

The only thing you can do is turn 18. Seriously.

Even if emancipation were an option in Idaho, there is no way you would be deemed a good candidate. You have already proven that you are not capable of making sound, responsible decisions concerning your welfare. There is proof that you do not conduct yourself in the manner of a rational, law abiding, mature adult. You do not fully support yourself and you do not live seperate and apart from both of your parents through no fault of your own.

I suggest that you learn to control yourself and get along with your parents. Sending death threats via text message is a very serious issue.

The boyfriend situation....how old were you when any sexual contact or activity began and how old was he?
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

The chance that any judge in any state would emancipate a pregnant teen is somewhat less than zero. The chance that any judge would emancipate a teen so that she can live with her boyfriend is also minimal at best. Put the two together and you've got a no-win situation.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
      X