Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i need help ! my family is crazy .. and i want to move in with my boyfriend North Carolina

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help ! my family is crazy .. and i want to move in with my boyfriend North Carolina

im only 16 but ill be 17 on dec 21,2007 ... my boyfriends 16 too and his parents say its fine if i go live with him .. they understand were more mature than most 16yr olds and were way more experienced and mature with life .. but if i leave without being emancipated first will i get in trouble ? and if i go live with him now would i be able to stay with him while being emancipated .. and if you know what the easy process would be let me know <3 i need help!

<3 always
    hannah

You cannot leave your home without parental consent. Second you have less than a snowflakes chance in Hell of being emancipated to live with your BF.
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Yes, if you leave without permission you can "get in trouble".

As panther says, there is not a chance in the world that you will be emancipated so that you can live with your boyfriend.

No, you will not be allowed to stay with him while you make your futile attempt at emancipation (that will fail).
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

they understand were more mature than most 16yr olds and were way more experienced and mature with life
        Are you the same Hannahfreeman123 who posted videos on youtube? If so, I beg to differ with the stated assesment of you level of maturity.

Either way, as you have been told, emancipation is out of the question. You have not stated one, solitary fact supporting a case for emancipation. Wanting to live with your 16 year old boyfriend is not even close.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
          Are you the same Hannahfreeman123 who posted videos on youtube? If so, I beg to differ with the stated assesment of you level of maturity.

Either way, as you have been told, emancipation is out of the question. You have not stated one, solitary fact supporting a case for emancipation. Wanting to live with your 16 year old boyfriend is not even close.
          Filming your BF taking a shower yep that shows a high level of maturity! I didnt both even trying to see other videos
          http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

OMG - is this a joke???? Did you even read the other posts about emancipation before you typed your thread? Exactly what is it that makes you different than every other teenager mad at their parents, thinking they are old enough to do it themselves, and wanting to move in with their bf/gf?

you aren't even responsible or mature enough to read through all the threads on emancipation that state EVERYWHERE- no, you can't be emancipated to live with your bf. no- you aren't different. If you are being abused- call cps, otherwise stay put and mind your parents.

sorry to rant, but I get so mad at little kids who always think they are different- they are more mature, they NEED it more, blah, blah, blah

Comment

Originally posted by milspecgirl View Post
              OMG - is this a joke???? Did you even read the other posts about emancipation before you typed your thread? Exactly what is it that makes you different than every other teenager mad at their parents, thinking they are old enough to do it themselves, and wanting to move in with their bf/gf?

you aren't even responsible or mature enough to read through all the threads on emancipation that state EVERYWHERE- no, you can't be emancipated to live with your bf. no- you aren't different. If you are being abused- call cps, otherwise stay put and mind your parents.

sorry to rant, but I get so mad at little kids who always think they are different- they are more mature, they NEED it more, blah, blah, blah
              Well! How do you REALLY feel?
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
              (unique up on him)
              How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
              (same way)

Comment

Add to that rant the following statements as too stupid to ever again be repeated -

I should be emancipated because:
                • We are really mature (compared to whom? How can a kid pretend to know what maturity is? That is like me saying that I am an excellent ocelot.)
                • We are really really really really really really really really really really in love.
                • Age is just a number. (So is the number of years in a prison sentence.)
                • We will just go on welfare/public housing/live off the land like a coyote.
                • My parents make me do all the chores (no one yet has answered me when I ask who will do the chores in your OWN place if you do get emancipated)
                • My boyfriend's mother/brother/dogsitter/guy she met on the bus will give us a place to stay.
                • My parents punished me for breaking the law/trashing the house/going out with someone they don't like.

Sorry to put it to you kids... but most courts don't care. That's right... they will do everything they can think of to stop you from becoming emancipated.

Deal with it.
                Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
                  Well! How do you REALLY feel?
                  actually no, I am still on the fence on this one!

Comment

We're, not Were

Comment

Originally posted by hannahfreeman123 View Post
                      .. and if you know what the easy process would be let me know......

THATS the part that caught my eye
                      This will pass. Life's got bigger disapointments waiting for you.

Comment

you stay with parents

Originally posted by hannahfreeman123 View Post
                        im only 16 but ill be 17 on dec 21,2007 ... my boyfriends 16 too and his parents say its fine if i go live with him .. they understand were more mature than most 16yr olds and were way more experienced and mature with life .. but if i leave without being emancipated first will i get in trouble ? and if i go live with him now would i be able to stay with him while being emancipated .. and if you know what the easy process would be let me know <3 i need help!

<3 always
                        hannah
                        and no, your bf's parents cannot go to court to try to get custody of you. you are not their child, and they have no legal rights or standing.no judge will give them custody, you stay with your parents where you belong untill youre 18, you have no choice

Comment

oh good lord kelly- you are no help to anyone. all you can do is repost what everyone else posts. no one likes you, no one wants you- heck, even your kids don't like or want you. go back to your pills and leave us alone

Comment

Originally posted by mikswi View Post
                            THATS the part that caught my eye
                            I don't think the poster is coming back.

They never do after finding out that emancipation requires more work than they were willing to put in on their science project.
                            Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
                              I don't think the poster is coming back.

They never do after finding out that emancipation requires more work than they were willing to put in on their science project.
                              At the risk of hijacking this thread, I am sincerely amazed at the amount of youths that think they need to be on their own. I am curious as to what drives their reasoning behind this. Granted, there are some that genuinely DO need to be away from their environment and have few if any options available to them.

Is it the internet, with instant access to any information? Is it that youth of today experience more at an earlier age than we did? Is it that there was a proportionate amount of youths wanting emancipation years ago, but we were not aware of it? Is it simply that society today expects the schools and TV to raise their kids and therefore they grow and develop with a depressed sense of personal responsibility and/or responsibility?

The worst thing I can remember when I was younger was when those 2 teens killed their wealthy parents with a shotgun - for their inheritance. (cant remember their names)

Another observation is that despite so many kids wanting info on emancipation, and desperately feel they need it, none of them research this forum before posting, when any possible information they could possibly want - has already been discussed here at great length. Why is it that they desperately want answers but will make no more effort at getting them, then posting a question here?

Some of the youths posting here, I empathize with. One recently even amazed me with his level of maturity and articulation when posting - but that was the exception.

It just makes me wonder where this trend will lead us as a society.
                              This will pass. Life's got bigger disapointments waiting for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X