This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help! Please! Indiana

I am a 16 year old, living with my grandparents, because my dad kicked me out 3 years ago. I am looking to be emancipated, because I belive fathers arent supose to treat their children like crap.

I was recently pregnant, and had a miscarage at 7 weeks and 3 days, my dad wants me to get a D&C. If you dont know what that is, they go in a take everything out) I nicely explained to my dad that I would not like to do that, and I wanted to go through with it naturally. The doctor said I could wait for up to 3 to 4 weeks, and then if nothing happend it would be best to go ahead and do it. I agreed, my dad called me today and said ohh by the way I made you an appointment for your D&C?? ok?

I am currently engaged to my bf of 9 months Michael. When we told his parent I was pregnant, they wanted me to move in with them. But my family wouldnt let me. My grandparents are 80 years old, they cant take care of a baby. My dad DOES NOT call me. DOES NOT come and see me. When I do talk to him, he calls me a *****, and say i run around and have unprotected sex. He says I am unresponsible. Imature. And everything I do is a mistake.
    I have no freedom. He said he would not keep me from Michael, I havent seen him outside of school in 5 weeks. I tried talking to the cousler at school, because I really dont think I can handle this anymore, especailly from somebody I dont even live with. My dad literally makes me feel like I am a mistake. And that I'll never be any good for anything.

My finance has a job, and then another job set for when he turns 18. He is 17. I have filled out many applications, with no calls returned, but I am still on the search fro a job. My mother died when I was 10, I have money coming in every month, for when I turn 18.

I either have my fiance's house to go to, or my best friends house Alexis. Either was I WILL get a job, because I want to suport myself. I dont want to depend on anybody else. All my friends want me out of this situation, and as you could tell its kinda hard to keep friends in a issue like this.

PLEASE HELP ME! is there anything at all I can do? I need out! I have two years left till I'm 18, but I dont think I can make it that long.

IN NEED!

I was recently pregnant, and had a miscarage at 7 weeks and 3 days, my dad wants me to get a D&C. If you dont know what that is, they go in a take everything out) I nicely explained to my dad that I would not like to do that, and I wanted to go through with it naturally. The doctor said I could wait for up to 3 to 4 weeks, and then if nothing happend it would be best to go ahead and do it. I agreed, my dad called me today and said ohh by the way I made you an appointment for your D&C?? ok?
    I'm sending you a PM about this part.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

Okay, now for the rest.

You cannot just move out of the home your parent tells you to live in.

You cannot just move in with your boyfriend or friend.

Do you have a job?
      Are you managing your own financial affairs?
      Are you conducting your life in the manner of a responsible adult?
      Are you or are you capable of living ON YOUR OWN?

Emancipation is really not an option. If you are being abused, then contact CPS. Emancipation is not designed to spring teens from their homes. It is there to help teens already living on their own and supporting themselves.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

My dad doesnt send my grandparents money for me. We dont have any money. I have put in applications, and im waiting for a call back from one of them.

My dad didnt tell me to live here, he was going to take me to juvi. And my grandparents took me in. I understand that just because I do not live with my dad, he can still make rules, but they way he makes me feel, its like he doesnt want to be my dad. and when i call him upset and crying, about anything, he will bring up everything I have done to everybody else. And says its all mistakes, and I dont need to cry, when other people or feeling bad, because it pretty much doesnt matter if im upset to him.

Comment

I don't think there's a woman here who doesn't know what a D&C is, and it isn't what you think it is. That's an entirely different procedure altogether.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

if your dad doesn't call you or see you, how does he keep you from having freedom? I guess I just don't comprehend that part of it.

Do your grandparents talk to him or abide by what he wishes?

Engaged at 16? That's really bizarre, especially to someone you've only known 9 months. I really hope that its just a long, long engagement because given everything going on in your life right now the LAST thing you need is to worry about marriage and all that comes with that commitment.

If your grandparents don't have any money you should see, or they should see if they can gain some assistance or even try for CS. Since he is still very active in your life.

Is there a significant reason why you don't want to live with your GP's or is it just because you want to get away from the wrath of your father?

Comment

This might help. However I dont see this as a real option for you

Quoting Indiana Statutes
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC 31-34-20-1
              Entry of dispositional decrees
              Sec. 1. Subject to section 1.5 of this chapter, if a child is a child in need of services, the juvenile court may enter one (1) or more of the following dispositional decrees:
              (1) Order supervision of the child by the probation department or the county office of family and children.
              (2) Order the child to receive outpatient treatment:
              (A) at a social service agency or a psychological, a psychiatric, a medical, or an educational facility; or
              (B) from an individual practitioner.
              (3) Remove the child from the child's home and place the child in another home or shelter care facility. Placement under this subdivision includes authorization to control and discipline the child.
              (4) Award wardship to a person or shelter care facility. Wardship under this subdivision does not include the right to consent to the child's adoption.
              (5) Partially or completely emancipate the child under section 6 of this chapter.
              (6) Order:
              (A) the child; or
              (B) the child's parent, guardian, or custodian;
              to receive family services.
              (7) Order a person who is a party to refrain from direct or indirect contact with the child.

IC 31-34-20-6
              Emancipation of child; findings; terms
              Sec. 6. (a) The juvenile court may emancipate a child under section 1(5) of this chapter if the court finds that the child:
              (1) wishes to be free from parental control and protection and no longer needs that control and protection;
              (2) has sufficient money for the child's own support;
              (3) understands the consequences of being free from parental control and protection; and
              (4) has an acceptable plan for independent living.
              (b) If the juvenile court partially or completely emancipates the child, the court shall specify the terms of the emancipation, which may include the following:
              (1) Suspension of the parent's or guardian's duty to support the child. In this case the judgment of emancipation supersedes the support order of a court.
              (2) Suspension of the following:
              (A) The parent's or guardian's right to the control or custody of the child.

These statutes also include emancipation provisions:

Quote:
              Quoting Indiana Statutes
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC 31-37-19-1
              Entry of dispositional decrees
              Sec. 1. Subject to section 6.5 of this chapter, if a child is a delinquent child under IC 31-37-2, the juvenile court may enter one (1) or more of the following dispositional decrees:
              (1) Order supervision of the child by the probation department or the county office of family and children.
              (2) Order the child to receive outpatient treatment:
              (A) at a social service agency or a psychological, a psychiatric, a medical, or an educational facility; or
              (B) from an individual practitioner.
              (3) Remove the child from the child's home and place the child in another home or shelter care facility. Placement under this subdivision includes authorization to control and discipline the child.
              (4) Award wardship to a person or shelter care facility. Wardship under this subdivision does not include the right to consent to the child's adoption.
              (5) Partially or completely emancipate the child under section 27 of this chapter.
              (6) Order:
              (A) the child; or
              (B) the child's parent, guardian, or custodian;
              to receive family services.
              (7) Order a person who is a party to refrain from direct or indirect contact with the child.

IC 31-37-19-27
              Emancipation of child
              Sec. 27. (a) The juvenile court may emancipate a child under section 1(5) or 5(b)(5) of this chapter if the court finds that the child:
              (1) wishes to be free from parental control and protection and no longer needs that control and protection;
              (2) has sufficient money for the child's own support;
              (3) understands the consequences of being free from parental control and protection; and
              (4) has an acceptable plan for independent living.
              (b) Whenever the juvenile court partially or completely emancipates the child, the court shall specify the terms of the emancipation, which may include the following:
              (1) Suspension of the parent's or guardian's duty to support the

child. In this case the judgment of emancipation supersedes the support order of a court.
              (2) Suspension of:
              (A) the parent's or guardian's right to the control or custody of the child; and
              (B) the parent's right to the child's earnings.
              (3) Empowering the child to consent to marriage.
              (4) Empowering the child to consent to military enlistment.
              (5) Empowering the child to consent to:
              (A) medical;
              (B) psychological;
              (C) psychiatric;
              (D) educational; or
              (E) social;
              services.
              (6) Empowering the child to contract.
              (7) Empowering the child to own property.
              (c) An emancipated child remains subject to:
              (1) IC 20-8.1-3 concerning compulsory school attendance; and
              (2) the continuing jurisdiction of the court.
              http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by xMichele09x View Post
                I am a 16 year old, living with my grandparents, because my dad kicked me out 3 years ago. I am looking to be emancipated, because I belive fathers arent supose to treat their children like crap.

I am currently engaged to my bf of 9 months Michael. When we told his parent I was pregnant, they wanted me to move in with them. But my family wouldnt let me. My grandparents are 80 years old, they cant take care of a baby. My dad DOES NOT call me. DOES NOT come and see me. When I do talk to him, he calls me a *****, and say i run around and have unprotected sex. He says I am unresponsible. Imature. And everything I do is a mistake.
                I have no freedom. He said he would not keep me from Michael, I havent seen him outside of school in 5 weeks. I tried talking to the cousler at school, because I really dont think I can handle this anymore, especailly from somebody I dont even live with. My dad literally makes me feel like I am a mistake. And that I'll never be any good for anything.

My finance has a job, and then another job set for when he turns 18. He is 17. I have filled out many applications, with no calls returned, but I am still on the search fro a job. My mother died when I was 10, I have money coming in every month, for when I turn 18.

I either have my fiance's house to go to, or my best friends house Alexis. Either was I WILL get a job, because I want to suport myself. I dont want to depend on anybody else. All my friends want me out of this situation, and as you could tell its kinda hard to keep friends in a issue like this.

PLEASE HELP ME! is there anything at all I can do? I need out! I have two years left till I'm 18, but I dont think I can make it that long.

IN NEED!
                Michele, not to be rude, but there are a LOT of things wrong with your post.

Why was your dad "taking" you to juvie? What were you doing at 13 that was so bad?

Why were you pregnant at 16, and then make the statement that your grandparents are too old to take care of a baby? They took care of your father (or your mother), and now they're taking care of you. But, in any case, they're not supposed to be taking care of a baby. If you're adult enough to have sex and get pregnant, then you're supposed to be adult enough to take care of it - with assistance from the dad. You're not supposed to expect any other person(s) to take care of your child. How were you expecting to pay for the clothing, diapers, and food for your child? You are supposed to contribute just as much as the dad is supposed to contribute. And, he isn't "supposed" to contribute anything until a paternity test is done through the courts. That takes time. What were your plans for school while raising your child?

Your boyfriend's parents could be charged with a whole list of things by allowing their son's minor girlfriend to live in their home. Why would you WANT to involve them in that?

You say that your dad is keeping you from your boyfriend. If you were MY daughter, and you were pregnant, I'd keep you from your boyfriend as well. Most kids who want to be emancipated go on and on about how good students they are, and how they bring in money, and how they plan on going to college to better themselves. It appears that you want to be emancipated so that you can live with your boyfriend legally.

Your grandparents can ask your dad for child support. They can do this by going to court. However, that money goes to the grandparents for taking care of you, but doesn't necessarily go in your pocket.

So, what is your plan for independent living? You can't live with your boyfriend, his parents, or your girlfriend. You need to be able to pay for your apartment or room, your utilities, your food, insurance, transportation expenses, etc. How are you going to do that? Because, before you will be emancipated, you must show the courts proof that you've got all of that covered. And, what your friends "want", and what you expect once you get a job - none of that matters. They want to see proof that you have the income TODAY, the apartment/room TODAY, the utility money TODAY, the trasportation money TODAY, so that you can be emancipated tomorrow. And, frankly, based solely on the information you presented here, you're not mature enough or prepared enough to be emancipated.
                Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
                  I don't think there's a woman here who doesn't know what a D&C is, and it isn't what you think it is. That's an entirely different procedure altogether.
                  Or the father of a miscarried baby.
                  Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

I know what you mean, it's no fun at all!!
                    Last edited by cbg; 10-01-2007, 05:28 AM.
                    http://liar-and-fraud.blog.com/2124328/

Comment

Originally posted by jackielou72 View Post
                      To whom are you directing this statement?

What is the blog all about? You should remove it from your posts, if you're advertising, unless you want to be charged the advertising rates.
                      Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by jackielou72 View Post
                        How long until you get around to "black" as a font color?
                        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Working...
                        X