This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emancipation without parental consent

Here's the trouble here, I am a senior in high school age 17. My girlfriend is a now a freshman and only 14. Her dad is crazy, and has been for about forever. Not clinically crazy, just restricting about everything in her life. She's not even allowed out of the house without supervision, he's that insane.

I know we're young, but we really have something special. We've known each other for a while, and with me graduating and possibly leaving for college we won't be able to see each other as much if not ever.

She has a terrible family life, with drugs and abuse and all that. We're trying to find a way to get her emancipated, but everything requires parental consent. Her dad would never accept to anything like that, since he hates me without ever meeting me. Is there a legal loop hole to getting her emancipated without parental consent? We're pretty much willing to do anything legal.

Here's the trouble here, I am a senior in high school age 17. My girlfriend is a now a freshman and only 14. Her dad is crazy, and has been for about forever. Not clinically crazy, just restricting about everything in her life. She's not even allowed out of the house without supervision, he's that insane.
    That's not even close to being crazy. He is the father of a 14 year old child. You have no business having anything to do with this girl. I imagine she would probably have a bit more freedom if you left her alone. He is protecting his child. That's what parents do. He can ground her to her room for the next 4 years and it will be perfectly legal.
    I know we're young, but we really have something special. We've known each other for a while, and with me graduating and possibly leaving for college we won't be able to see each other as much if not ever.
    You're right, and that is at it should be. You will be an adult. She will still be a child. Move on. Leave her alone.
    She has a terrible family life, with drugs and abuse and all that. We're trying to find a way to get her emancipated, but everything requires parental consent. Her dad would never accept to anything like that, since he hates me without ever meeting me. Is there a legal loop hole to getting her emancipated without parental consent? We're pretty much willing to do anything legal.
    Not a chance. NO state will emancipate a 14 year old. NO judge is going to emancipate a child so she can be with her boyfriend. Just the fact that you are asking about how to emancipate your 14 year old gf so you can be together explains WHY her dad hates you.

I strongly suggest you break it off with her. What kind of relationship can you have, anyway? After all, she's never allowed to do anything.

Oh, one more thing. I didn't see the state where you are, but it is a STRONG possibility that you have even touched her in any way more intimate than a high 5, you are already in deep legal doo-doo.
    Last edited by mommyof4; 09-22-2007, 09:44 AM.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

She can call Child Pretective Services if there is abuse in her household. She will be placed in foster care.

FYI: In the states that do allow emancipation, your girlfriend will be required to show that she has a job that will pay for ALL of her bills, including shelter. She cannot reply on any other person to shelter or, or their income. What 14 year old can support herself, with a full time job, no less? She would need to be able to rent an apartment, and pay all the bills herself. Where is she going to get a job at 14???????????????????
      Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

I don't beleive I was allowed out of the house at 14 without supervision.

That's kind of how it works.... parents supervise their children.

If you keep it up, you are going to end up arrested.

Comment

Your lucky Dad hasnt placed a protective order on you. Not to mention if you two have been father than a high five he could pres sexual assault charge son you. Heres a good plan focus on school leave the 14 year old alone until shes 18. If your feeling sof reach other are real then you can pick up where you left off then
          http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
          X