This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting out. Im scared and dont know what to do.. Indiana

I am 16 years old and i have a very serious question on behalf of my family. My Mother is an Illegal Immigrant, and her boyfriend is not. My mother keeps starting problems, like pushing me, slapping me, etc because i argue with her because i am not getting a job. When clearly the reason i am not getting one just yet is because i want to focus on my grades because i do want to eventually going to college. She states that i no longer can eat any of her food or use her household products during my everyday lifestyle needs. I need help and i do not know where to go from here. I am thinking about Emancipation but im sure i will need a job to prove financial stability, correct? It doesn't matter where i go, but i do not want to be put in a home or anything like that. I would like to go on my own or move in with someone. Is this possible in my circumstances? Does my mom have FULL custody of me even though i have papers and she does not? Things just keep getting worse. She locked the washer and dryer last night because she dont want me to use her laundry soap. The way i see it is that she made the decision to have me, i am only 16. But if i need to i can succeed on my own. I am not getting lunch money for school, so i sit there and eat a bag of chips everyday that a friend gives to me. I am very embarrassed of my mother and i am afraid that something really bad is going to happen. I just want peace in my life, and that would be to get away from my mother. I just dont know how to do it. And i am not just being a spoiled brat wanting to cause problems. There is serious things wrong here. Please email me back. It keeps on getting worse and i am very scared. Im afraid something will happen to me.

• miltowngirl
    replied
    contact CPS

it is obviously not safe or healthy for you to stay with your mother.

Leave a comment:

• panther10758
    replied
    Her imigration status is not likely going to be a concern. Your welfare will be. Wil they report her status? I dont know. Will INS act on it? Again I dont know. Those are secondary issues. Your safety and well being are CPS only real concern

Leave a comment:

• milspecgirl
    replied
    there is no telling what will happen. they may allow your mom to stay and work on correcting the situation and reuniting the family. however, not allowing you food is neglect and very serious. It may be that she just needs to be told what her responsibilities are to you as a child- food, shelter, protection, etc. It may be that in her home country her actions are ok, but here they are not.

Leave a comment:

• panther10758
    replied
    If your being abused CPS will take whatever actions it feels it should to ensure your safety. CPS is not about breaking up families its about reuniting them and protecting children from harm. They could order counseling or remove you from home. they could also find no evidence of abuse and close case

Leave a comment:

• JessU
    replied
    If I Do That...

If i contact CPS, what will happen with my mom since she is an illegal immigrant? Will that solve my problems? Thank you

Leave a comment:

• mommyof4
    replied
    As you are in school, you have a wonderful resource right there. Talk to your school guidance counselor. They are there for more than class schedules. She can help when it comes to talking to the authorities. Hang in there.

Leave a comment:

• milspecgirl
    replied
    you have no option other than to contact child protective services. it is her responsibility to provide care for you until you are an adult. you do not meet any qualifications for emancipation so stop even wasting your time with it. also, you cannot just move out- she can have you returned and anyone you stay with can get in trouble.

Leave a comment:

• panther10758
    replied
    Contact CPS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X