Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the deal. Your mother has a legal obligation to take care of you. If you are being abused or in a bad situation, you call Child Services. Abuser will either leave or they will remove you and the baby from the house. You all will go into foster care. Now, bf's parents can apply to take you all in, but it is up to CPS to decide and since it is obvious the 2 of you can't be responsible when together (hence the baby), I doubt they would let you.
    You cannot be emancipated because you have to live ON YOUR OWN, attend school full time or have a GED, have a job, show you can fully support yourself- medical, transportation, etc with NO HELP from the government, and have parental permission. You cannot rely on anyone helping you (not baby daddy, parents, etc). Also they will not emancipate a minor with a child. So, to be emancipated, you have to do all of the above AND give your child up, and hope they will let you (but it's a long shot)
    Your options from what I see are to set mommy down and tell her that you are afraid of him. That she has a legal obligation to provide support for you (shelter, food, medical). That she cannot just leave you. Explain that in order to protect your child, as a mother, you will be calling CPS if she tries to move you in with him (she has to take you or it is abandonment). Ask her if she would be willing to sign guardianship over to whoever so that she can move in with him and you can move in with them and everything will be nice. Show her that you are serious and then if she continues, call CPS

Comment

Like many other poorly informed kids, you seem to think that all you have to do is tell a judge that you want to be emancipated and it will automatically be granted. That's not even close to being true. First, emancipation is not a right. It is a privilege. Only a VERY small fraction of teens who apply for emancipation will get it. Another poster on these forums did some research and determined that in his state (representative of most states which allow emancipation of teens), for the year 2005 (the last year figures are available yet) there were thousands of applications for minor emancipation received by the state. Of those thousands of applications, twelve were granted. Not twelve thousand. Not twelve hundred. Twelve. Ten fingers and two toes.

What's more, the state legislature decided that twelve was too many, so they amended the legislation to make it even harder to get emancipated. That's the second point. Emancipation is hard. It is supposed to be hard. It is designed to be hard. It is not based on want. It is based on need and ability. It doesn't matter whether it's what you want. It matters whether or not the judge thinks (not you think) it will be best for you (and your child).

Finally, the emancipation laws were never designed to allow kids to move out of their homes. They were and are designed to provide legal protections to those kids who, through no fault of their own, became homeless. That the occasional judge allows, because of special circumstances, the occasional exception, does not mean it is the norm.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Let me state this in another way.

No judge is going to allow one minor to move in with another minor with whom they have conceived a child. No judge in ANY state.

The emancipation laws are designed for those kids that will not be a burden to society in general or to other individuals in particular. You miss both criteria.

You do not have a job. (wishes and gonna are worth nothing). You are not living independantly and cannot figure out a way to do so. You are not supporting yourself - which includes food, shelter, medical care and day care for your child and yourself.

You seem to think that housing and food and utilities are free and, therefore, don't count. They count to a judge.

You lose. Time to call the Department of Children's Services, turn in your mom and get help from the state.

One more thing you should know. Your minor boyfriend has no right to see you. He has a right to see his child after paternity has been established, but not you.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

One more thing.

If you continue your sexual relationship with your boyfriend after moving in, his parents could also be held criminally liable.

It is a hugely bad idea for you to move in with him.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by missycassie View Post
            it is an option for me. i was asking HOW to do it. like papers n such. what the hell is AOC? i dont understand. y would he go up on sex charges? yeah free advice but i wasnt asking for ppl to be rude ..
            Ok, NO, emancipation is not an option. Ask the correct questions if you wish to get the correct answers. Emancipation wouldn't even help you anyway, I highly doubt you've just earned over a million dollars and are trying to protect your money from being spent by your parents.

Your options are:

1) Your parents allow you to move out and signs guardianship over you to whomever they wish so that you can live with them and go to school.
            2) Your parents allow you to get married to a person whose parents allow to get married.
            3) Call 1-800-4ACHILD and tell them everything and let them handle it.
            4) Move with your mom, she is 100% legally required to care for you until you are 18. She is not required to care for your child at all however.

Comment

hi

even if you and your boyfriend have a child together i really doubt they will aloow you to move into a home with him. but its only a year until you are 18 so just keep busy to pass by time
              war with yourself causes war with others

Comment

It is actually far less than a year because the post is so old.

Please look at the date of the post prior to answering.

Thanks.

Comment

im sorry. did not see the date, my apologies....
                  war with yourself causes war with others

Comment

Working...
                  X