This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am looking to get emancipated btu what do i do? Oklahoma

i am 17 and i want to get emancipated so i can move in with my boyfriend. we have a 5 month old child together and we want to raise him under one roof. i have other reasons of course to get emancipated but i dont know how i go about doing it. anyone who has done so or knows how please tell me..

Well, there isn't a judge in the country who will emancipate a teenager so that they can go live with their boyfriend, so that's out. What are your other reasons?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Do you have a job that pays enough to fully support yourself and your child?

Can you show the court that you have a greater than normal level of maturity? (hint: having a baby at 16 or 17 is not a good sign).

Do your parents (both) agree with emancipation?

What about health insurance for you and your baby?

Do you realize that emancipation in OK only gives you the right to conduct business/contracts as if you were an adult. The statutes are limited to emancipation for purposes listed. Nowhere do the statutes give you the right to move out. So, do you own property in OK?

www.bostoncoop.net/lcd/emancipation/oklahoma.html
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

Even if OK did have conventional emancipation the chances of a pregnant teen or one with a child getting emancipated are about zero. The chances of a judge granting emancipation so a teen can live with his/her BF/GF is less than zero! Your 17 wait the few months till your 18 then move out. The process can take months (if state statute allows emancipation) by that time your 18!
        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

oh man

i am from oregon. i didnt mean to put OK. I will be 18 in jan. but there are things happening right now that i need to do this. my mom is moving out with her bf and wont take me. she says cuz i dont like her bf that i cant move with her.. he is rude and perverted and a sleezeball.. my grandparents wont take me cuz my aunt n uncle and their two kids already live with them. i have no friends i can move in with and we had a long talk about it and they are preparing for me to move in over there. i was just wondering what it takes to get emancipated ..

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
            Well, there isn't a judge in the country who will emancipate a teenager so that they can go live with their boyfriend, so that's out. What are your other reasons?

What part of the above post did you not understand!?

Comment

I put this on your other thread, but I'll post it here, too.

www.bostoncoop.net/lcd/emancipation/oregon.html

Now, the fact that your bf is only 16 could pose a problem for you. Granted you are within 3 years of age and YOU are under 18, but how old was he when you began having sex?
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              (unique up on him)
              (same way)

Comment

This link will give you the info but again no judge will grant an emancipation so a minor may live withere BF

Comment

Panther, here is the rest of the story.

http://www.LaborLawTalk.com/showthread.php?t=178005
                  HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                  (unique up on him)
                  (same way)

Comment

ok panther

i dont just want to move in with him. i have no where else to go. and there are other things that are none of your business. i was only asking how to get emancipated or what you have to do..

Comment

Very enlightening there Mommy thanks. Why is Dad not in jail since must have been having sex long before she reached AOC? Either way two kids by 16 and she wants emancipation yea like thats going ot happen

Comment

DADDY of the baby is 16.
                        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                        (unique up on him)
                        (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by missycassie View Post
                          i dont just want to move in with him. i have no where else to go. and there are other things that are none of your business. i was only asking how to get emancipated or what you have to do..
                          You ask us for help but donot give us all the info geez Listen you cannot be emancipated so remove that option from your thinking

Comment

um excuse me..

Originally posted by missycassie View Post
                            i am from oregon. i didnt mean to put OK. I will be 18 in jan. but there are things happening right now that i need to do this. my mom is moving out with her bf and wont take me. she says cuz i dont like her bf that i cant move with her.. he is rude and perverted and a sleezeball.. my grandparents wont take me cuz my aunt n uncle and their two kids already live with them. i have no friends i can move in with and we had a long talk about it and they are preparing for me to move in over there. i was just wondering what it takes to get emancipated ..

i do believe i said my aunt and uncle and THEIR two kids. i dont have two. i have one. and what is AOC? y would he have to be in jail? whatever i asked for help with emancipation. not your personal opinion..

Comment

yes

yes he is 16! accident.. but thats not the point. ok. my moms hits her and me . i dont want to deal with it , she doesnt want me to turn him in cuz he is all she has. i love my mom very much and we used to be really close. but i am going to do something about him. i have to leave. i cant wait till im 18 cuz she is moving. i have no where else to go.. my mom is an alcoholic and i dont want my kid in that kind of environment..

Comment

Working...
                              X