Ex wife will not stop text, what can I do? Utah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex wife will not stop text, what can I do? Utah

We have kids, and yes we need to communicate. But I have a job, and my phone is a business phone. She will not stop texting I even text her this constantly

"Stop texting me. Write down all your questions and you can call at 9pm and we can talk. I will not be texting with you anymore. If it's an emergency you can text me and tell me so and I will call you when I can. This is my FIRST attempt to distinguish boundaries that are acceptable. I am feeling threatened and abused. Please respect my wishes"

What are my legal options, most, if not all of the texts are absolutely not important at all. I even record our phone conversations.

Block her number. Do not respond to texts. Get your own phone that isn't associated with work and give her that number as a contact. You can go to court and insist that all communication be handled a different way but that is expensive and there is no guarantee the judge will agree.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
      Block her number. Do not respond to texts. Get your own phone that isn't associated with work and give her that number as a contact. You can go to court and insist that all communication be handled a different way but that is expensive and there is no guarantee the judge will agree.
      I would block her number but I need the line of communication to remain open in case there is an emergency with the kids

Comment

You might then consider doing the other options Elle suggested.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X