what kinda case do i have Virginia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kinda case do i have Virginia

me and my girlfreind was arguing and she choked me to the point i couldn't breath and everything was going black so i choked her back after she kicked my knee twice and i heard it cracked,so i pounced her in the arm.(im not a woman beater i felt like my life was in danger)
    now since i live in VA i was told even tho she was wrong and everything since she a girl and white, she will not get in trouble
    i wanna know what can i really do. this happen 2 days ago
    Last edited by sk0rg3; 05-29-2013, 06:03 PM.

can someone please help me and let me know if i could be in any trouble

Comment

Of course you can be in trouble. Both of you can.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
        Of course you can be in trouble. Both of you can.
        what can i do and what can she do

Comment

That depends. Has either one of you been contacted by the police? If so, the only answer I have for you is GET A LAWYER.

If you have not, then you may not have to do anything. I said you COULD get in trouble. Whether you WILL or not depends on what happens next.

BTW, this is a volunteer board. It is not Time Warner. Operators are not standing by 24/7 to answer your call. It may sometimes take more than eight minutes for someone to respond. Please have patience.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

That depends. Has either one of you been contacted by the police? If so, the only answer I have for you is GET A LAWYER.

If you have not, then you may not have to do anything. I said you COULD get in trouble. Whether you WILL or not depends on what happens next.

BTW, this is a volunteer board. It is not Time Warner. Operators are not standing by 24/7 to answer your call. It may sometimes take more than eight minutes for someone to respond. Please have patience.
            we haven't done anything nor the police haven't been called. she dont plan to neither do i.
            but i do plan on pressing charges against her brother. i do understand he was trying to defend his sister but it was way after the fact and he didn't even know what happen. he pulled brass knuckles on me, he hit me multiply times but i have no mark except a bite mark from what he did but he had to get medical care

sorry if it seem like i was rushing i just say people look and not comment.

Comment

Until someone looks at a thread, they don't know if they are going to know the answer or not. Not everyone who looks is going to know the answer to every question.

I think you can safely assume that as soon as you call the police about her brother, he or she is going to do the same and call the police about you.

Comment

Until someone looks at a thread, they don't know if they are going to know the answer or not. Not everyone who looks is going to know the answer to every question.

I think you can safely assume that as soon as you call the police about her brother, he or she is going to do the same and call the police about you.
                me and her came to a agreement on what we doing.
                im just seeing if she do decide do take the other rout and press charges

her brother on the other hand what can he do?
                he came to me calmly and ask me did i git her and i camly said yes he went to get brass knuckles and hit me

Comment

I think you need to quit while you're ahead, so to speak. Pressing charges against her brother could spur her to file charges against you. It sounds like all of you could use some anger management skills.
                  I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Agree, I don't think I would pursue charges against her brother. I would not do anything unless charges are pressed against you, then get a lawyer & go from there.
                    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by sk0rg3 View Post
                      me and my girlfreind was arguing and she choked me to the point i couldn't breath and everything was going black so i choked her back after she kicked my knee twice and i heard it cracked,so i pounced her in the arm.(im not a woman beater i felt like my life was in danger)
                      now since i live in VA i was told even tho she was wrong and everything since she a girl and white, she will not get in trouble
                      i wanna know what can i really do. this happen 2 days ago
                      Sounds like a woman beater to me. Why not break up and leave each other alone?

we haven't done anything nor the police haven't been called. she dont plan to neither do i.
                      but i do plan on pressing charges against her brother. i do understand he was trying to defend his sister but it was way after the fact and he didn't even know what happen. he pulled brass knuckles on me, he hit me multiply times but i have no mark except a bite mark from what he did but he had to get medical care

sorry if it seem like i was rushing i just say people look and not comment.
                      Ok, so the cops havn't been called on you or her yet. So what's the problem? Break up and go your separate ways.
                      As for her brother, you oughta thank Jesus it was him and not a few of us guys here. You kids are young and dumb. We're old and cranky and don't give a **** if we get 6 months for re-educating a woman beater.

me and her came to a agreement on what we doing.
                      im just seeing if she do decide do take the other rout and press charges

her brother on the other hand what can he do?
                      he came to me calmly and ask me did i git her and i camly said yes he went to get brass knuckles and hit me
                      JUST brass knuckles? Listen kid, you hit a woman. Ok, she hit you. Big deal. Walk away. Leave. HER ALONE. Just stay away from her and let it go. Chalk it up to experience. Don't worry about the cops until they contact you. But I promise you, the second you call them on her brother, they're gonna find out about you two, and they'll ask her before they ask you and -SHA-ZA'IM!- (insert Gomer Pyle voice) YOU will be the one arrested.

You don't like what transpired from this? Don't do it again. Doesn't matter who started the fight either. Listen kid, nine times out of ten the woman is talked to first unless you report it. Even then, count on them arresting you because they'll say the same thing- why not walk away instead of hit back? Were you held there against your will? Was she holding you at gun point? Were you in any way shape or form held there against your will? You are a man, I presume. Men are expected to use better judgement and extracting themselves from such a situation before anything goes this far.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Back off and call it quits with her. Otherwise you could be looking at serious trouble from either the cops or her brother.
                      I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
                      Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
                      I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
                      Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

one ,im not a woman beater i really felt like my life was in danger. thats the first time i ever did anything like that
                        two, im just asking what kinda of legal things can go on not any of yall personal opinions i do appreciate, yall time to reply but dont go try telling me what i am and go on and on and staying on topic
                        three, her brother aint nothing to worrie bout he got his *** beat for caming at me like he did,but i dont fault him for sticking up for his sister

Comment

thanks for everyone trying to help me,
                          seems like who ever did gave advice went out there confront zone
                          im not a woman beater

Comment

Worst case scenario? Both you and she go to jail.

Comment

thanks for everyone trying to help me,
                              seems like who ever did gave advice went out there confront zone
                              im not a woman beater
                              You admitted to us you struck your girlfriend so you are a women beater. She is a man beater (according to your version) so it was mutual combat. Here in MA, if police were called you would both be arrested.

Comment

Working...
                              X