Appealing Against Restraining Order Washington

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appealing Against Restraining Order Washington

So, apparently I might be getting a restriction order due to the fact I chat/talk with a minor. Just talking/chatting about daily stuff from school life to TV Shows/Japanese Animation/Video Games. We met once before out of coincidence due to location (I was at work leaving, she was heading back home from the Gym. We just stood outside and talked for a bit, saying "Hi~ how's your day?" before parting) 2 years ago where his father confronted my own to not see her again. Which I haven't, but she's been texting and calling (on my phone bill, I never called her, she called me). I told her a few times that this might look bad for her father but she just enjoys a nice conversation with similar interests since apparently talking to people around her age doesn't seem to how you say, 'illiterate or intellectual', because you know how teenagers are grown up these days I suppose depending what part of town/place you are. But besides that point, rambling. I haven't seen her since then. I'm getting a restraining order, for I don't know yet. Is there a chance of appeal against this action? I highly doubt her father would understand, being the fact he cheated on his wife twice and he doesn't seem that type of person to reason, one of those "since I cheated, all the other men in the world are sex hounds" type of personality. Is it me, or you just can't be friends younger than you without people assuming the worse case scenario? Also, I heard he said it was to protect her and HIMSELF, which made me laugh since I'm a scary guy apparently.

If a minor's parent says no contact, that means no contact. Is it possible that you don't understand that?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
      If a minor's parent says no contact, that means no contact. Is it possible that you don't understand that?
      He contacted my father, not me directly to not SEE her in person. Because stereotypical American nature seeing an adult with a younger generation equals 'bad'.

Also, not very adult like to contact a father of an adult, instead of confronting another adult to have a normal conversation seems rather immature on his half.

We also haven't talked about anything that would be considered 'illegal'.
      Normal humane conversations.
      Last edited by GoblinPunch; 04-21-2011, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoblinPunch View Post
        He contacted my father, not me directly to not SEE her in person. Because stereotypical American nature seeing an adult with a younger generation equals 'bad'.

Also, not very adult like to contact a father of an adult, instead of confronting another adult to have a normal conversation seems rather immature on his half.

We also haven't talked about anything that would be considered 'illegal'.
        Normal humane conversations.
        It doesn't matter what you are talking about or who else he spoke to. He finds it inappropriate and wants to to stop. Perhaps your friend is saying things that lead her father to think she wants a closer relationship with you?

Comment

Originally posted by HRinMA View Post
          It doesn't matter what you are talking about or who else he spoke to. He finds it inappropriate and wants to to stop. Perhaps your friend is saying things that lead her father to think she wants a closer relationship with you?
          A simple phone call from his father directly as a normal human being, i'd understand and oblige. It's disrespectful to go too ones father when you're already an adult to stop certain actions.

Which he did two weeks ago, "Stay away from my daughter or i'll file a restraining order on you." and hanged up. After that I haven't send a single reply text or answered a call from her number.

And just yesterday, I just got an email from a friend of hers that apparently he's putting a court date for a restraining order. Not much of a warning, isn't it?
          Last edited by GoblinPunch; 04-21-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

It's disrespectful for you to continue making contact with a minor child when it has been made known to you, by whatever means, that the contact is not welcomed by those in authority over the child. Sauce for the goose.

What makes you think you have to be given any further warnings? You were told no, regardless of whether you approve of the means of the telling. You didn't stop. What did you think was going to happen?

The law is on Dad's side here, not yours.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

True. If the parent tells you to stop all contact with their child, that is what you do.

You may feel you're in the right about this, however, the law does not see it that way. If you continue pursuing or allowing contact with this child against her father's wishes, and the father files a restraining order on you and you disobey the order there can be unpleasant penalties for you.

Wiki it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restraining_order

"A restraining order or order of protection is a form of legal injunction that requires a party to do, or to refrain from doing, certain acts. A party that refuses to comply with an order faces criminal or civil penalties and may have to pay damages or accept sanctions. Breaches of restraining orders, can be considered serious criminal offenses that merit arrest and possible prison sentences."

Comment

So, as an adult, did you ask the father's permission before speaking with his minor daughter? After all, most adults want to avoid situations that give the appearance of inpropriety.

Doing the math, this girl can be no more than 17 (since at 18 she is an adult) and you were speaking with her 2 years ago when she was no more than 15 but you were an adult. Most parents would find this very inappropriate. Also it does not matter if she calls you, you need to tell her stop contacting me and hang up.

For the record, I have 2 teen daughters (15 and 17) and if an adult male was talking with them, I would also take steps to sever the connection.

Comment

Originally posted by HRinMA View Post
                  So, as an adult, did you ask the father's permission before speaking with his minor daughter? After all, most adults want to avoid situations that give the appearance of inpropriety.

Doing the math, this girl can be no more than 17 (since at 18 she is an adult) and you were speaking with her 2 years ago when she was no more than 15 but you were an adult. Most parents would find this very inappropriate. Also it does not matter if she calls you, you need to tell her stop contacting me and hang up.

For the record, I have 2 teen daughters (15 and 17) and if an adult male was talking with them, I would also take steps to sever the connection.
                  I have also been the situation, and made the statement that there was more than one way to sever a interest.

Japanese animation must have lead to some sex talk, why else would you bring up her fathers actions, that you have no business even knowing? (and we do not care about)

Run, and block this person from your systems, before you end up as Bubbas's play toy.

Comment

So, apparently I might be getting a restriction order due to the fact I chat/talk with a minor.
                    "Might"? Might be that you should leave her alone.

Just talking/chatting about daily stuff from school life to TV Shows/Japanese Animation/Video Games.
                    Doesn't matter.

We met once before out of coincidence due to location (I was at work leaving, she was heading back home from the Gym.
                    Doesn't matter. What is it about "leave her alone" that you don't seem to understand?

I highly doubt her father would understand, being the fact he cheated on his wife twice and he doesn't seem that type of person to reason, one of those "since I cheated, all the other men in the world are sex hounds" type of personality.
                    I would venture a guess that since he doesn't want you inhis daughter's life, HIS personal life is also none of your business. Whatcha think?
                    Never mind. I really don't care what you think at this point.

Is it me, or you just can't be friends younger than you without people assuming the worse case scenario?
                    Is it just me or do you need some serious help in understanding what "leave my daughter" means?

Also, I heard he said it was to protect her and HIMSELF, which made me laugh since I'm a scary guy apparently.
                    Looks like you do need some help in understanding the issue here.

Hmmm. Ya know, considering what you have said here, if she was my daughter, I'd stick a 40 to your chin and ask you what it is you really don't understand.

But hey, that's me. I know some guys that'd rather bust caps on ya just for ignoring the initial demands.

Leave her alone. Don't argue. Don't plead. Don't bother excusing anythng. Leave her alone. Period. And if there is a restraining order issued, your failure to comply could very well, under the circumstances you have mentioned so far, get you busted for stalking.

Looks like a time in your life in which you should move at least a 100+ miles away. Change your contact info, change your cell phone number. Just do it. Don't argue. Just do it and leave her alone.
                    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
                    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
                    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
                    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Listen Chester, you’ve been given some sound advice. Failure to adhere to that advice could give you three to twenty years to learn to sleep on your back.

BTW Bubba blows you a kiss….

.._______________________
                      ~ There are three kinds of people:
                      There are the ones who learn by reading,
                      the few who learn by observation, and then there are those who have to pee on the electric fence
                      and find out for themselves.

Comment

I also think the girl is messing with his head.

Take the advice and get rid off all points of contact.

You are young, and can find friends your own age. Or can you?

Comment

Working...
                        X