Charges Dropped - 2nd offense? Domestic Battery Kansas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charges Dropped - 2nd offense? Domestic Battery Kansas

In November my boyfriend threw me into a wall and I hit him, since he had marks on him and I didnt, I was arrested. The charges were dropped in court in December.

New Years Day after starting to drink at 630am, he was beligerantly drunk and falling into walls. He proceeded to fight and scream with me because I was packing my stuff to leave him. As I was packed up he grabbed something out of my hand, wrestled me to the floor and dragged me across the livingroom floor by my hair. I scratched his arm to get him to let go and again because I had no marks on me that were visible (I have bruises on both legs now from him wrestling me to the floor) I was arrested again. Now I am moving back home and getting him out of my life, but he told me that he was unable to drop the charges this time as thats what the cop had told him. I'm trying to find out if this is true......and if it is what should I expect come court in Feb?? I have never been in trouble with the law up until getting involved with this guy.......Help please!

Originally posted by fosta220 View Post
    In November my boyfriend threw me into a wall and I hit him, since he had marks on him and I didnt, I was arrested. The charges were dropped in court in December.

New Years Day after starting to drink at 630am, he was beligerantly drunk and falling into walls. He proceeded to fight and scream with me because I was packing my stuff to leave him. As I was packed up he grabbed something out of my hand, wrestled me to the floor and dragged me across the livingroom floor by my hair. I scratched his arm to get him to let go and again because I had no marks on me that were visible (I have bruises on both legs now from him wrestling me to the floor) I was arrested again. Now I am moving back home and getting him out of my life, but he told me that he was unable to drop the charges this time as thats what the cop had told him. I'm trying to find out if this is true......and if it is what should I expect come court in Feb?? I have never been in trouble with the law up until getting involved with this guy.......Help please!
    You REALLY need to speak to a local attorney ASAP.

What you should have done was to have left the house and gone to the police as soon as you saw that he was drinking. Unfortunately you didn't and that is not going to look good for you in court. That's why you need to speak to an attorney right away.

Comment

Actually I called the cops and told them that he had been drinking so they would have that logged and if not then I can get a copy of my phone bill.......I called them about an hour before everything happened.....

Comment

Working...
      X