Assault. Drop the charges New York

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault. Drop the charges New York

i've been assaulted by my boyfriend. (well.. got too drunk for the first time) i went to the precinct and made a record. next day i've been talking to detective, he wrote all the things i've said. but i was very upset and exaggerated some things..
    Now (how stupid it is) we already got back together with my boyfriend, he apologized a lot about what happened and we almost forgot about that, but few days ago he had do go to the precinct (detective called him), now he is got arrested, i just came home from the court with temporary order of protection.
    i want to drop the charges and cancel the order of protection, we love each other and now we can't even talk.
    is it possible? what should i do?

What you do is thank God for small favors, keep the order of protection, and get on with your life. A man that hits you does not belong in your life. He will do it again, and again, and again.

(edit) I relized I did not add much in the way of help, so here is a link, please, follow it:

http://www.nyscadv.org/needhelp.htm
    Last edited by Stonemason; 12-19-2009, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

I would be inclined to agree with Stonemason .. Stick with this Bozo and he's liable to wind-up killing you with his 'kindness'. ..

I would also recommend some professional help on your part,
      itís obvious you need some help in defining what ďlove is and is notÖ

Comment

Hmmm, be charged for making false statements to the police about your abusive boyfriend that led to his arrest. You've got yourself into 2 problems - possible legal problems for lying to the police AND an abusive boyfriend that you want to take back so you can get beat up worse next time. And there WILL be a next time.

Sounds to me like you need to really rethink your life strategies.
        I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Roughly 75% of all victims of DV recant their testimony.

Therefore, the DA rarely believes it.
          Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Alcohol doesn't make one do anything completely outside one's nature; all it does is lower one's inhibitions. A mean drunk is a naturally mean person who has learned to behave otherwise. An abusive drunk is an abusive person by nature whose social training has kept him from abusing while sober. That social training will get easier to ignore with every incident, until he'll hurt you whether he's been drinking or not.

Comment

Working...
            X