A friend.... Minnesota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend.... Minnesota

i am not sure what this thread really should be under so i am going to put it under this one.

i have a friend. She does things to her body physically that she shouldnt be doing. I told her to stop or will end up hurting herself even more. She wont listen to me at all. She wont listen to her other friends either.She has some friends who do it and a few of them know. Her parents dont know about her body. She also has a boyfriend and he asked her why she does it and she just said because of the same reasons why i've done it before. There is a school counselor at her school but she doesnt talk to her.

I know that I am leaving out what she does but I feel that it is way to personal on her part for over the internet.

Is there any law stating that if a person harms their body in any way they must go into a support group?

You seem to have your issues dont you? You want to run away now you have a freind who hurts herself. It is against the law to harm yourself this can result in being forced to a mental Hospital for several days and other possible consequences which may include support groups
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

yeah i do have some issues and thats why i am troubled_girl. so if my friend doesn't stop what she is doing she could possibly end up in a mental hospital?

Comment

Exactly. She needs to get help

Comment

but isnt a mental hospital a little out there? i mean if she only hurts herself when she cant take it anymore thats not really a mental prob. im not saying what she is doing is right. not at all. but what if its her only other option?

Comment

You clearly do not understand how serious this problem is!

Comment

yes and no i guess.

Comment

i understand that if she does it and ends up getting in to deep of this then she could and most likely die. but if she has a family that is trying to control her life and she is being all rebellious i guess its her only option in a way. bcuz she knows that she cant runaway or anything. so how can she put up with everything thats going on in her life all at once? this is the only way that she can express herself. i dont like what she is doing wat so ever.! but if her parents dont give her the chance to tell them how she feels what else can she do? im not trying to sound mean or mad in this message if i do. but have u ever tried to be in someone elses shoes? i dont want to loose my friend but she isnt crazy. a mental hospital seems way out of it. its her surroundings not her.

Comment

It is "not" her only means to express herself its what she is choosing to use and its unwise and clealry unsafe. She needs mental health help! As her friend you should encourage that!

Comment

what are other options that she can use to express herself? i am trying to help her the best way i can. i am tryin to show her other options other than a mental hospital and what she is doing. its not her fault on her feelings and ya its her fault on what she is doing. im not excusing that if it may seem so. that would be the last thing that i would excuse. but there must be other ways she can express herself other than what she is doing and still not going to a mental hospital.

Comment

Your just a kid yourself with your own problems. Your friend needs a therapist
                      Last edited by panther10758; 11-02-2009, 11:14 AM.

Comment

i am the friend.

Comment

Originally posted by troubled_girl View Post
                          what are other options that she can use to express herself? i am trying to help her the best way i can. i am tryin to show her other options other than a mental hospital and what she is doing. its not her fault on her feelings and ya its her fault on what she is doing. im not excusing that if it may seem so. that would be the last thing that i would excuse. but there must be other ways she can express herself other than what she is doing and still not going to a mental hospital.
                          The best way to help your friend is by telling her that she needs to get professional help from a Dr.

You are probably correct in that what she is doing is not "her fault", it is probably a very serious symptom and only a professional can really help her.

She may or may not need to be hospitalized, but she will definately end up in the hospital if she doesn't get any help soon.

Help her by helping her talk to someone about her situation. She can talk to her Dr, or a school counselor, or some other trusted adult.

Comment

Originally posted by troubled_girl View Post
                            i am the friend.
                            I think that was understood from the first post, at least it was in my mind. The advice to seek professional help is the best advice you have been given, yes, I know it sucks, but it is what is needed in this situation. Stopping and bottling will not work either. Finding an outlet other than pain? Hard to do when life is pain...right? An admission that one can not deal is not an admission of weakness, it is an understanding that things ARE hard sometimes and we all need help. If that help does not come from the source we think it should, we feel that there is no where else to turn, or, we turn in the wrong direction.
                            Short of admittance to a facility, just speaking with a guidence counselor or even a clergy person of some kind could help. Or try the local womans shelter, offer to voluteer there, channel the pain into helping others.
                            Still, professional help is needed in this case. Please, do so as soon as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonemason View Post
                              I think that was understood from the first post, at least it was in my mind. The advice to seek professional help is the best advice you have been given, yes, I know it sucks, but it is what is needed in this situation. Stopping and bottling will not work either. Finding an outlet other than pain? Hard to do when life is pain...right? An admission that one can not deal is not an admission of weakness, it is an understanding that things ARE hard sometimes and we all need help. If that help does not come from the source we think it should, we feel that there is no where else to turn, or, we turn in the wrong direction.
                              Short of admittance to a facility, just speaking with a guidence counselor or even a clergy person of some kind could help. Or try the local womans shelter, offer to voluteer there, channel the pain into helping others.
                              Still, professional help is needed in this case. Please, do so as soon as you can.
                              I will try and "find an outlet" but i wont get professional help. yea i might go to my school counselor and that would be about the only professional help i would go to. my parents are the parents who thing that a kid/ teen like me wouldn't have any problems. That i over-exaggerate about my feelings. but the truth is i don't and they wont give me a chance to explain. they already think that I'm just a spoiled brat and so if they want me to say something i will just tell them what they want to hear. Oh well I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X