Father doesn't want his children!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father doesn't want his children!!!

Just a quick question...My soon to be ex-husband wants to terminate his parental rights to our 4 girls...He has been convicted of domestic violence more than once and has no patience for children...We live in New Mexico and I was wondering first of all if he can terminate his parental rights and second if he would still be obligated to pay child support?

Originally posted by lynnelant
    Just a quick question...My soon to be ex-husband wants to terminate his parental rights to our 4 girls...He has been convicted of domestic violence more than once and has no patience for children...We live in New Mexico and I was wondering first of all if he can terminate his parental rights and second if he would still be obligated to pay child support?
    No, no matter if he wants to be a father or not, he will still have to financially contribute to the support of the children. What CAN happen, though, is that he be ordered to pay support, have visitation set up and then he can choose whether or not to take advatage of the time. Nobody can FORCE him to spend time with his children.

In answer to your question about support after tpr, no, a person is not obligated to pay support unless there are arrearages owed.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

Unless there is a step parent adoption there is nothing your ex can do to get out of his obligations. So I would not even worry about it.

Comment

Working...
      X