Child support help in NJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child support help in NJ

I have a question. I have recenly moved out of my childrens fathers house because he has a girlfriend. I have lived with him the last 5 years. We have 2 kids aged 13 and 2. I am wondering how i would figure out what a good amount of support would be. Do they take car payments and other bills into consideration for support. He grosses roughly $3300/monthly. I gross around $1200/monthly. I am now paying rent and other bills. The house he lives in is paid for but the yearly expenses and utilities. He thinks a $100/wk is enough but i am struggling with that amount. can anyone offer advise on what i need to do or a rough amount of what it cost monthly for the kids. Thanks for any help you can offer.

are both children his?

try googling the NJ child support calculator, and entering in the info requested, that will give you the number that the courts would automatically start with
    http://www.gestaltmediation.com/

Comment

yes both kids are his.

Comment

i have tried the google search but i am not sure if that amount takes monthly expenses into account. i really want to settle out of court but he is not willing to help. he sees the kids whenever he wants but financially he does not want the obligation. i understand it is not all about the money but he needs to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by siglemomof2
          i have tried the google search but i am not sure if that amount takes monthly expenses into account. i really want to settle out of court but he is not willing to help. he sees the kids whenever he wants but financially he does not want the obligation. i understand it is not all about the money but he needs to help out.
          It is really not a good idea to settle the support issue without it being done by court order. If he decides he will not pay his support (which he is already indicating that he will not) you will have no recourse except to file for a court order anyway. Better to get it settled and official NOW, so that if he continues to resist paying support, you have tools and resources for enforcement.

Car pymts, rent and the like are not included. Those expenses are not constant and can be easily altered (theoretically). In other words, a person can sell their car and get one with a lower payment, or they can find a cheaper place to live.

Here is what I was able to come up with based SOLELY on the financial info you provided and inputing that he had 2 overnight visits a week.

163.40/week

This figure did not take into account mandatory pension, union dues, prior cs orders, non taxable income (if recieves cs) alimony paid, tax dependents, child care costs, heath insurance premiums, unreimbursed med. expenses, or government benefits.
          Last edited by mommyof4; 05-03-2006, 07:54 AM.
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?client=...=Google+Search

and no they usually do not take monthly expenses- with the exception of medical insurance and possibly day care expenses....

all other expenses can be modified, such as if you can't afford your car payment, sell the car and buy a less expensive one- he is expected to provide support for HALF of the childrens overall expenses- you are expected to support yourself and HALF of the children's overall expenses
            http://www.gestaltmediation.com/

Comment

Working...
            X