Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting child care expenses....

Okay I have another question...
    I currently receive no support, never have, in the mean time, CSE has received papers for request of modification since is has been 3 years since the last order. They said I will probably receive request for my financial information with in the next 60 days. If i receive the papers after the middle of May I will be paying child care expenses of $400 a month since she will be in summer camp. Now my question is, if I do get my papers during the summer do I report what I am paying in child care expenses at that time, even though these expenses are only temporary? I used the child support calculator and it will make a termendous difference in his payment. If I do report the $400 it will pretty much stay what it is and the modification may not be approved but if I report what i normally pay it would go down? What amount should I report, the temporary or the normal? Thanks, Even though yes I am extremely mad about his irresponsibility I want to remain fair and right in the case.....

I have no legal knowledge on this, but, maybe you can total up the total of daycare costs for the summer then divide that total out from 12mths, and come to a monthly total. (if thats a legal option) However, hopefully someone will know the legal way to do this. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by hillnak
      I have no legal knowledge on this, but, maybe you can total up the total of daycare costs for the summer then divide that total out from 12mths, and come to a monthly total. (if thats a legal option) However, hopefully someone will know the legal way to do this. Good luck!
      In NC, that's how mine was handled (way back when). My suggestion is call your case worker and ask what is the best way to report it.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

Thanks, on the actual financial affidavit it says, amout per week for childcare and thats it.... so I guess I need to call...Great another 20 minutes on hold on a phone call to them for the deadbeat's benefit.... I love it....

Comment

Originally posted by Tjane
          Thanks, on the actual financial affidavit it says, amout per week for childcare and thats it.... so I guess I need to call...Great another 20 minutes on hold on a phone call to them for the deadbeat's benefit.... I love it....
          Hey, at least you get to actually talk to somebody! When I called (and I don't anymore) I always got to leave a message with some moron answering the phones, even though I had his extension number, because apparently, if the case worker thinks it is important enough, he will call you back! Gee, glad they could help!
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

I guess thats true, maybe if you did ever talk to him you wouldve gotten the same answers... I always get completely different answers to my questions, like my other thread, one rep saying, "we dont have access to what he owes the state for your case" and then the next one puts me on hold to look it up and comes back and says he owes nothing...

Comment

You mentioned these child care expenses are for "summer camp". I am not sure if that is tuition for summer camp, it sounds like it is not true child care expenses. What I mean is that the ncp is required to pay half of child care expenses due to the child being in daycare because you work, or go to school fulltime. If you are paying child care expenses for camp, that probably doesn't apply and therefore isn't eligible for the ncp to pay half. It sounds like it is more of an expense for an activity for the child.

Comment

Maybe i should not have said "summer camp" but thats what her school calls it. It is child care for the summer for her to go to while I work. It is actually done at her elementary school. Does anyone know if this wouldnt be considered normal childcare? I would probably find another place for a little cheaper per week for the summer but feel I should not have to go through the trouble. If he would get his child for the summer as his visitation would allow I wouldnt have to pay anything at all. Since he wants no part of the responsibility or decisions I am not really concerned with saving him the few dollars it would save if I were to take her somewhere else. Its not like shes going to band camp and staying for any over night visits. I really hope this is not the case.

Comment

Maybe i should not have said "summer camp" but thats what her school calls it. It is child care for the summer for her to go to while I work. It is actually done at her elementary school. Does anyone know if this wouldnt be considered normal childcare? I would probably find another place for a little cheaper per week for the summer but feel I should not have to go through the trouble. If he would get his child for the summer as his visitation would allow I wouldnt have to pay anything at all. Since he wants no part of the responsibility or decisions I am not really concerned with saving him the few dollars it would save if I were to take her somewhere else. Its not like shes going to band camp and staying for any over night visits. I really hope this is not the case.
                  Okay, that clarifies it. Yes it is eligible for reimbursment by ncp, as long as it is child care while you work or go to school. It sounded like it was just for camp. I'm guessing then what you mean by temporary, is that they other months your child is IN school, therefore child care expenses do not exist or are lower. Is this right? In that case, like others said, it is best to take the yearly amount of child care (since it changes for summer) and divide it monthly (or weekly if that's what they want).

Comment

yes, for the months she is in school, its only $135 a month for before and after school care and then the months she is out of school for the summer its $100 per week. Also I guess I can add the $20 a day I pay a daycare to keep her for the holidays that she school is closed but I have to work, Like Spring break, Winter holiday and teacher planning days.

Comment

Oh great, if thats the case, and I add all that up, he will think I lied. Oh well, if he was decent enough to communicate with me I would be able to explain it to him but since he isnt he will just have to think what he wants. I guess as long as I have proof of what i paid I will be okay. Thanks

Comment

Oh great, if thats the case, and I add all that up, he will think I lied. Oh well, if he was decent enough to communicate with me I would be able to explain it to him but since he isnt he will just have to think what he wants. I guess as long as I have proof of what i paid I will be okay. Thanks
                        You should have receipts. If you don't, ask the daycare to provide a printout (or letter or something) to verify what you have paid the previous year. He can't think you lied when you have proof of payment. If it's a licensed daycare, they should have all that information for taxes purposes and should be able to give it to you easily.

Comment

Yeh I will cover my butt but I was just saying he wont even attempt to hold a conversation with me about it because hes so mad that I put him in child support. Instead he will gripe and complain to his girlfriend (whom I speak to often) that I am lying.... Oh well, I will remain correct and fair in the matter and he can deal with not understanding why because he thinks hes punishing me but not speaking to me, I actually really love it, especially since I can talk to his girlfriend about whatever I need to in regards to him and my daughter. (I know thats really weird isnt it, shes a Saint, I must say)

Comment

answer from Florida Child Support Enforcement

I called Child Support Enforcement, they said to report what I am paying that week, even if its less, more or whatever to report what I am paying that week that I fill out the papers. As little as I respect the non-custodial parent in my case that could really be unfair to others who really are trying. I even said, so if I dont pay anything all year while shes in school, like if I was able to have grandparent pick her up, then I have to pay for summer child care, say $150 a week then Im still supposed to report that I pay $150 a week for the entire year because the financial affidavit says "Please enter amount you pay for child care expenses now..._____ per week" if I receive the request for info during the summer. It amazed me, I just wanted to post the answer. He was not approved for modification so I dont have to worry about it anyways but thought I would share.....

Comment

I called Child Support Enforcement, they said to report what I am paying that week, even if its less, more or whatever to report what I am paying that week that I fill out the papers. As little as I respect the non-custodial parent in my case that could really be unfair to others who really are trying. I even said, so if I dont pay anything all year while shes in school, like if I was able to have grandparent pick her up, then I have to pay for summer child care, say $150 a week then Im still supposed to report that I pay $150 a week for the entire year because the financial affidavit says "Please enter amount you pay for child care expenses now..._____ per week" if I receive the request for info during the summer. It amazed me, I just wanted to post the answer. He was not approved for modification so I dont have to worry about it anyways but thought I would share.....
                              That is interesting. I would ask for explanation for that line of thinking. If there isn't a good explanation, I would think that they tell you that just because they don't know what else to say.

Comment

Working...
                              X