No announcement yet.

My parents are trying to take my son

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you agree to them having visits? they are basically getting visitation that is commonly awarded to parents.....this could end up causig lots of trouble down the road.
    http://www.gestaltmediation.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr
      did you agree to them having visits? they are basically getting visitation that is commonly awarded to parents.....this could end up causig lots of trouble down the road.
      I agree, any kind of rights for your parents will make it easier for them to request a modification (in their favor) in the future. I know you might think you are being nice and amicable, but do you really trust your parents? Especially after they threatened to take your son away. I would keep both eyes and hears on your parents to make sure they don't stir up any trouble in the future. You may have just opened pandora's box by letting them have visitation.

Comment

Originally posted by krystaleviolette
        I agree, any kind of rights for your parents will make it easier for them to request a modification (in their favor) in the future. I know you might think you are being nice and amicable, but do you really trust your parents? Especially after they threatened to take your son away. I would keep both eyes and hears on your parents to make sure they don't stir up any trouble in the future. You may have just opened pandora's box by letting them have visitation.
        Grandparent visitation isn't easily modified like regular visitatin orders. Unless mom does something to prove herself unfit. the gp's have nothing to base a modification on. If they keep trying to push for more with no legal basis, they could very well end up with nothing.

I would however, fight the moving restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by ceara
          Grandparent visitation isn't easily modified like regular visitatin orders. Unless mom does something to prove herself unfit. the gp's have nothing to base a modification on. If they keep trying to push for more with no legal basis, they could very well end up with nothing.

I would however, fight the moving restrictions.

Yes that is the way things are SUPPOSED to work.....but change of circumstance and unfit are broad terms that vary from judge to judge.

Comment

Working...
          X