Please Help Xena!!!!!!!anyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Xena!!!!!!!anyone

MY mother in law wrote a letter to michigan FOC reguarding grandparent rights. She was told we need to obtain a lawyer to pursue visitation rights. Mother in law has no money NONE So now what do we do? She is missing her grandson grow up please help (MICHIGAN)

Who is she petitioning grandparents rights for? It doesn't sound like it's your kids. What is the situation? Where are the children's parents (married, divorced, deceased?) and why are they not allowing her to see her grandchildren? Depending on this information she may or may not have a case.

Comment

Grandmother wants visitation with grandson witch is her youngest sons child. Dad does not care about anything he has court ordered visitaion every wend and every other week end and will not pursue anything. He has a bench warrent out because he is 3000 behind in support. Bio mother will not let us see the child so we were told we need a lawyer. We have not seen the child sience oct 04.
      Last edited by mom26; 04-04-2006, 01:04 PM.

Comment

For your info the only reason dad does not want anything to do with his son is because he is 3000 behind in support and he is scared to go to jail, and the only reason mom won't bring grandson to the home is because dad is never there and dad is a druggie, so I don't really blame mom because I wouldn't want my child around that either but mom shouldn't punish nana and the people that love that child.

Comment

Originally posted by mom26
          Grandmother wants visitation with grandson witch is her youngest sons child. Dad does not care about anything he has court ordered visitaion every wend and every other week end and will not pursue anything. He has a bench warrent out because he is 3000 behind in support. Bio mother will not let us see the child so we were told we need a lawyer. We have not seen the child sience oct 04.

From what I know, grandparents rights can be enforced if the grandparents are being denied the opportunity to see the child and don't have any opportunities from thier own child. For example, if thier son was deceased, or in jail or something like that so that they are unable to see thier grandkids through thier son, then they have some rights to obtain visitation. However, since thier son has visitation, is alive, is not in jail, it is his responsibility to involve his parents in his child's life if he wishes to do so. Therefore, to try and fight for grandparents rights, they'd really need a good attorney and even then I don't know the chances.

Comment

Well nana contacted an attorney yesterday April 5 and they will go from there. Hopefully this will not take a long drawn out process. Does any one have an idea of what may happen. Do you think she might only get surpervised visits? Or maybe a weekend a month if everything goes good? Thank you everyone

Comment

Well nana contacted an attorney yesterday April 5 and they will go from there. Hopefully this will not take a long drawn out process. Does any one have an idea of what may happen. Do you think she might only get surpervised visits? Or maybe a weekend a month if everything goes good? Thank you everyone
              I think the judge (if this goes that far) will hear the case and then dismiss it. The father does have visitation rights. He chooses not to take advantage of them, therefore he is saying that he doesn't care for his family to see the child either. The judge may not be real happy with the grandparents suing for visitation that they already have via dad, and may order them to pay the child's mother's attorney fees, if she has one. It's not right that she should have to pay out money for an attorney, especially when she can obviously use it for her children, seeing as how dad doesn't pay his support. I can promise, that if this keeps going, the mother will probably NEVER let anybody from your family see her children. And, as mean as it sounds, I can't say that I would blame her. This situation is the dad's fault, not hers. She is NOT responsible for his actions or inactions. Tell the dad to grow up, pay his support, and be a part of his kids' lives. If he doesn't, he has essentially said that he doesn't want his family around his kids. Ain't no court going to overrule both parents saying "NO".
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
              (unique up on him)
              How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
              (same way)

Comment

That is true everything you had said. Dad is straight up dead beat in this case. Mom does not like anyone from dad's side of the family therefore she refuses to bring the grandson around, because dad is never there even when they were getting visitation. I have even told dad give me the money and I will go pay it for you he refuses. All he has to do is write a letter in writing that mom is not following visitation and then the lady at FOC said it would go to court from there. I offered to take him NOPE that's to much for him to handle. So nana is going to do her best to do what she can to fight for her grandson is all she can do. She loves him to death, but she can not controll her sons actions it's just to bad it had to be this way.

Comment

That is true everything you had said. Dad is straight up dead beat in this case. Mom does not like anyone from dad's side of the family therefore she refuses to bring the grandson around, because dad is never there even when they were getting visitation. I have even told dad give me the money and I will go pay it for you he refuses. All he has to do is write a letter in writing that mom is not following visitation and then the lady at FOC said it would go to court from there. I offered to take him NOPE that's to much for him to handle. So nana is going to do her best to do what she can to fight for her grandson is all she can do. She loves him to death, but she can not controll her sons actions it's just to bad it had to be this way.
                  I agree w/ Mommyof4, and like I said, the grandparents rights will most likely only hold any weight if the father was dead or incarcerated. The fact is, he has visitation rights and it is his responsibility to involve the grandparents AT HIS WILL. The place to start in this situation is with the father of the child. He needs to be rehabilitated so that he is more responsible and involved with his child. If this isn't taken care of, I don't think the grandmother has any chance of getting grandparents rights. SHE needs to help her SON - which will open the opportunity to start seeing her grandchild again.

Comment

Thank you everyone for you reply, Mom has tried to help son numerous time but he is 22 years old and she is tired of helping him because he does not want to change. He was supposed to go to counsling never did he refused to get a job that's why mom kicked him out jan 06 because she is tired of paying for things for him.

Comment

Thank you everyone for you reply, Mom has tried to help son numerous time but he is 22 years old and she is tired of helping him because he does not want to change. He was supposed to go to counsling never did he refused to get a job that's why mom kicked him out jan 06 because she is tired of paying for things for him.
                      Is he dating Barbie???? Hehehehe
                      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                      (unique up on him)
                      (same way)

Comment

LOL That was a good one!!!!!!

Comment

well first of all I think CS is a load of sh*t for the most part, if you can't afford the child - you don't need to have it, most especially if there is another willing parent that can afford the child and is willing to love the child.
                          My mother took me away from my bio dad and told me he was dead when I was a very small child. I found out he was alive when I was 17. I don't everything that happened but I remember being a daddy's girl even as a young child, and I never had the opportunity to know him because my mother is a control freak.
                          Second my husband is ordered to pay cs to his own mother because she did some legally manuevers and "stole" his child unfairly from him. This child is a daddy's boy and hates being away from us.
                          So yes I think men need to have more rights, they claim gender equality out there, but I don't see it. Women take control and men are lucky if they don't get run over.

Comment

Yeah, you're right and if you read any of the posts on the other thread, you will see where CAdad and I were discussing that very problem. Unfortunately for humans, there's not a segment of society that in some way is not gender biased. Work, housework, sports, schools, oh, I know, how about the basic process of childbirth??? If life were fair, men would get the joy of birth, too. Butno, they just get the fun.

The trick is to have the hope and drive to change it and realize that it won't happen with one stupid lawsuit over something the plaintiff is 50% responsible for. If anything, stunts like this will outrage alot of people, biased or not, and put any workable soution that much further out of reach.
                            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                            (unique up on him)
                            (same way)

Comment

You know my fiance made a mistake and had a one night stand just before we got back together again and it result in pregnancy, but you know what I forgave him and excepted that child even though I do not like the mother. And have delt with the cs issues and the child support every month. And as well we have a child together. It has been difficult at first but like I said the child should not be punished he did not get to choode who his parents were. You live and learn only once.
                              Last edited by mom26; 04-07-2006, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X