Dont want child and dont want to pay.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont want child and dont want to pay.

I dont want my gf's child, but i dont want to pay support either. I dont feel like i should have to. She decieved me, by telling me that she could not have children and then one day she just pops up and tells me she is pregnant. I am not ready for this and I am in no shape to be paying support either. what to do??

Out of luck

Sounds to me like a case of "paying the consequences for your actions". She may have deceived you but you still made your own decision to do it. You might want to talk to her about signing over your rights (if she will agree to it) so that you won't be obligated to pay , otherwise she is probably entitled to child support from you. After all, a child is a huge financial responsibility and you're wanting to leave it all up to the mother. Maybe you should think about giving fatherhood a chance...you may like it.

Comment

You can ask her if she will accept you voluntarily terminating your parental rights, so that you will pay no support and have no dealings with the child. She does not have to accept that. If she does not, then you could possibly end up having no custody or visitation rights, but still being liable for child support. I also suggest that you speak with an attorney.

Comment

This is crazy!! I dont understand how this can happen to me. She straight out lied to me and then i have to pay for her lies!! And she is the type of woman that would not do that just to try and hurt me.

Comment

I know right now you feel betrayed by her, but think of your unborn child, This is your flesh and blood, don't give it up without a try. I married my husband who has a child with another woman and she adores her daddy even though her Mom and Dad aren't together. Financially my husband and I can't afford child support and we scrape by but I look at it this way, his daughter didn't ask to be born so why should she live her life not knowing her Daddy. When thinking of giving this child up totally to the mother think about how the child will feel when he or she grows up (abandoned by daddy). Choose wisely, your decissions could affect your childs entire life.

Comment

Well,

Originally posted by Mavrick6101982
            I dont want my gf's child, but i dont want to pay support either. I dont feel like i should have to. She decieved me, by telling me that she could not have children and then one day she just pops up and tells me she is pregnant. I am not ready for this and I am in no shape to be paying support either. what to do??
            PRAY!!!
            If you knew you were not ready for children, why did you not use protection to prevent unwanted child birth? People lie. I wouldn't let anyone force me into a situation I know I'm not ready for. Learn from this and protect yourself in the future. As far as support I feel you should be responsible. You may also want to sign over your rights as the father but YOU made a choice to have unprotected sex and you should be glad a child is the least of your worries. AIDS is something you can't get rid of not to mention the other sexually transmitted diseases out there.

For the record, being a parent is not so bad. I don't think any of us are ever "ready"to be a parent but you try and do your very best. Good Luck.
            Last edited by Nita Mae; 06-22-2005, 12:41 PM.
            ~ Nita Mae ~

Comment

Well If You Feel That Betrayed By Her Then Do You Believe It Could Be Your Child? The Reason I Am Asking Is Because A Dna Test Could Be Done Once The Child Is Born To Determine If It Is Yours. Of Course That Won't Help You If The Baby Is Yours But If It Isn't, Then You Are Not Obligated To Pay Support. Maybe That Could Be An Optinon. Otherwise, I Would Say Do The Right Thing And Take Responsibility For It. Take It From Me (i Didn't Know My Real Dad Until Two Years Ago And I Am 35 Now) The Child Will Be Curious And You May Have To Deal With A Lot Of Regrets In The Future. Take Care!

Comment

Tell her this

Originally posted by Mavrick6101982
                It depends on what state you live in. But I got pregnant when i was 15 had her when i was 16. But her daddy has had her sence April 1995(nine months old) my Deal is i havent had her so why should i pay child support As of April 2005 i am 22,000 behind, Well now i gave up all my rights to her no visitations unless he agrees to it. I cant afford it, and the same here he supposedly had a complete visetamy(sp) because of (quote) on (quote)
                cancer. well a year went by and i never did get pregnant, then oops and i was mad.
                COLOR=Indigo]tricia genee hinds[/COLOR]

Comment

Crazy2276665,
                  You have to pay child support because you gave birth to that child, just because you have choosen not to see your child does not mean you are not responsible for helping support that child. Reguardless weither or not you see your child you still have to pay. My husband has a 10 year old daughter and believe me I would love to save that money every month that we pay for her but when he was younger he played so now he has to pay.

Comment

I think there are some states where you can sign over your parental rights regardless of what the mother wants. I can't see how you can force a person to be a parent if they don't want to. Just like in adoption... if the mother and/or father doesn't want the child or can't keep the child, no one forces them to be that child's parent. I know everyone is saying that he should at least try to be a father, but who knows, maybe both he and the child will be better off without each other. I am adopted and I know that I was better off with a different mother and different father than what was orignially dealt to me.

Comment

I dont think that it is the child so much as that i feel betrayed by the mother so much that how can i trust her in the future?? Half of me wants to stay and be with her and the baby, but half of me says that its just going to make things worse in the future. But if i cant not be with her like a family, then i dont want to be with the baby at all. I dont know if i am making sense but that is how i feel. I dont want to put the baby tru the same things that i went tru with a split up family. It sucks.

Comment

Don't you think it is better for the baby to at least have her father in her life than going without. The baby will grow up wondering why her father doesn't want anything to with her/him. A split up family is better than no father at all. At least you can be there for him/her when they need a father's guidance. If you are not sure that giving up the baby is what you want, then don't do something you are going to regret. Being a parent is a blessing. Once you look into that child's eyes for the first time and see all the love that he has got to offer. It is something you can never forget. You don't have to be in the mothers life to be in the baby's.

Comment

I have to totally agree with the last comment. If she is keeping this baby it is up to you to be a roll model for this child not some other guy!

Comment

It Is Called A Condom........use It. You Laid Down And Had Sex, Now Own Up To What You Did. If I Can Have And Take Care Of A Baby At 16 Years Of Age........so Can You.. GOD PUT THIS CHILD INTO YOUR LIFE FOR A REASON. THE BABY IS A MIRACLE TO HER AND SHOULD BE TO YOU TOO. ENJOY THE GIFTS GOD GIVES YOU.
                            Last edited by spannangel; 06-25-2005, 02:08 AM.

Comment

*sigh*

I told myself I wouldn't reply anymore but here I go again...

A child is indeed a gift from God....

Sometimes we get caught up in ourselves and what "we" want without thinking about what we can do for others. I believe it is our purpose in life....to learn to love and give even if we have to put our own needs and wants aside. Now this child is on the way. You have to decide quickly what you are going to do. Being a single mother I know my children long to have their father in their lives. It hurts them when other children talk about their father's and they just have a mother to come home to. I am there for my children taking responsibility for a job that's suppose to be a partnership between two parents. I was 17 when I had my first child. I was young and scared but I knew this child didn't ask to be born. I decided then to be a responsible parent. My son will be 12 in August and I don't regret a thing. I have given up alot for my children but at least I can stand before God knowing I did it willingly and unselfishly.

I heard you talk about how "YOU're" not ready to be a parent. Most pregnancies happen without any planning. As much as you want to make this your girlfriend's fault, YOU have to take responsibility for having unprotected sex. This child is innocent and deserves the best you have to offer. If you know in your heart of hearts you simply can't be what this child needs then remove yourself from this child's life. In the future, don't put another child in this same situation by having unprotected sex.

Fathers need to realize how their constant presence in a child's life can make a difference that can't even be measured. I believe with everything in me that crime, pregnancy rate, drug use and abuse would not be as high as it is if these people had strong fathers in their lives that just simply took the time out to care.

~Nita~
                              Last edited by Nita Mae; 06-25-2005, 11:43 AM.
                              ~ Nita Mae ~

Comment

Working...
                              X