need to know if i can get child support lowered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to know if i can get child support lowered

[COLOR=Blue]I LIVE IN COLORADO MY BOYFRIEND AND I ARE ABOUT TO HAVE A BABY IN FEB OF 2006. MY BOYFRIEND HAS A KID WITH ANOTHER GIRL HERE IN COLORADO HER CHILD IS 5 YEARS OLD AND MY BOYFRIEND HAS ONLY SEEN HIM MAYBE 5 TIMES HIS WHOLE LIFE SHE WONT LET HIM. SHE DOESNT WORK SHE LIVES OFF OF HIS MONEY. I WANNA KNOW IF ITS POSSIBLE SINCE WE ARE HAVING ARE OWN BABY SOON IF WE CAN GET HIS CHILD SUPPORT LOWERED SINCE THEY ARE TAKING THE MAX AMOUNT ALLOWED OUT OF HIS CHECK EVERY TWO WEEKS. I JUST WANT MY BABY TO BE ABLE TO HAVE THE SAME CHANCE AT A GOOD LIFE THAT HIS SON WAS ALLOWED.
    TAMI

A lot of states dont take into account the 2nd child and if they do it is minimal. He can always file for modification. Why does he not see his other child? The amount of time that he spends with the child effects the support amount as well.

Comment

his son

He Doesnt See His Son Cause She Wont Let Him Only Cause Her Boyfriend Does Not Like It Which To Me Is So Stupid She Should Let Some Guy Tell Her Who Can Or Cant See Her Child And My Boyfriend Doesnt Try To Fight Cause He Is Sick Of Dealing With Her. She Is Childish And Immature All She Wants Is To Be Back With My Boyfriend And She Is So Jealous Of Me She Calls All The Time Being Really Rude To Me. My Boyfriend Is Just So Fed Up With Her And Ad Enough The Only One Paying For All Of This Is His Son.
      Tami

Comment

Is there a court order for visitation? Does your boyfriend want to see his son?

Comment

Nope

No There Is No Order And Right Now He Really Doesnt Want To Deal With Her So He Doesnt Want To See His Son His Son Is 5 Years Old Now And Doesnt Even Know Who He Is.
          Tami

Comment

Wonderful man you picked to father your child. What happens when the 2 of you break up?

Comment

Its Not Like That He Has Tried To See His Son On Sevral Occasions And All She Wants To Do Is Play Games With Her Son She Uses Him To Get To My Boyfriend, And Like I Said Before Its Not Hurting Anyone But His Son Its Just Better That Way. I Would Never Use My Child Against Him If We Ever Split Up He Could See His Child Anytime He Wants With No Strings Attatched. So I Am Not Worried About Him Being A Great Father. The Problem Is Girls That Think Its Ok To Use There Kids To Get What They Want.

Tami

Comment

No, your boyfriend has allowed her to do this. Why are there no court orders? Why has he not taken his ex to court to get custody/visitation? He does not have to play her games. If he truely wanted to see his child he would make sure that he had court orders. If she fails to follow the court orders then he needs to file contempt charges on her. To many of those and she could lose custody due to parent alienation. So you see, he is choosing to allow her to play the games she is playing.

Comment

You Know I Do Agree With You When We First Got Together I Fought With Him All The Time About Needing To See His Son.she Had Disappered For About Three Years And Now Has Just Came Back. I Wish He Would Foght To See His Son But Its His Choice And I Respect That After Dealing With Her Myself I Do Kinda Understand Why He Is Being This Way My Only Concern Is The Child.
                  She Doesnt Work She Sits At Home Living Off Section 8 Housing And Recieving Food Stamps And Lives Off Of His Child Support She Gets Almost A 1000 Dollars A Month From Him. I Would Love To Take Her To Court After We Get Married Next Year And Get Full Custody Of His Son But Its Just Not Something He Wants To Do Right Now I Really Think By The Time We Get Married He Will Be Ready To Do It.
                  Tami

Comment

Dont expect full custody. He is lible to get supervised visitation to start with and then a gradual increase. The only way he would get full custody at this point would be to prove her unfit and from the things you mentioned, he cant do it. It blows me away that a person is willing to wait a year to try and see his child and then would consider going for full custody. You keep saying that it is because of the ex that he doesnt want visitation, what about the baby? This is the women he has abandoned his child for.

In all honesty, and this is not a legal opinion but my own, I hope he doesnt get a reduction in support, I hope he is forced to pay more!!

Comment

Originally posted by tamikng
                      You Know I Do Agree With You When We First Got Together I Fought With Him All The Time About Needing To See His Son.she Had Disappered For About Three Years And Now Has Just Came Back. I Wish He Would Foght To See His Son But Its His Choice And I Respect That After Dealing With Her Myself I Do Kinda Understand Why He Is Being This Way My Only Concern Is The Child.
                      She Doesnt Work She Sits At Home Living Off Section 8 Housing And Recieving Food Stamps And Lives Off Of His Child Support She Gets Almost A 1000 Dollars A Month From Him. I Would Love To Take Her To Court After We Get Married Next Year And Get Full Custody Of His Son But Its Just Not Something He Wants To Do Right Now I Really Think By The Time We Get Married He Will Be Ready To Do It.
                      Tami
                      You have to see what kind of man your child's father will be while this is going on right now. I've been reading your posts and I do not think they will lower his first support that much for your child. You knew going into this relationship he had to pay child support. It doesn't change because you are now in the pic or your child to be. (Not being nasty just stating the facts). Also do you work? So you don't have to rely on your BOYFRIEND to support you and your child?
                      Also YOU will not get full custody of his child. He has a mother.
                      Last edited by Tahari; 11-30-2005, 08:28 AM.

Comment

i understand

well i am going through the same thing as you are tami except i married my husband and this is when she stop letting my husband see the baby. It has been a year since we were married and a year since we have seen the baby. My husband also pays child support but the only difference is she put him on child support while they were living together. He didn't need visitation rights to see him because he was already there. We use to live in louisiana and this is where the baby lives and all we want is to began to see him and let him stay in touch with the other kids. I am not asking to reduce the child support i just want to see the baby. So what we are trying to do is find an affordable lawyer at this time but he average cost is 1500dollars and we are trying to buy a home and have other children also. So *** you can see it is really hard. i send my prayers too.
                        Last edited by jrbreda; 11-30-2005, 11:51 AM.

Comment

yes i do work!! so i can support this child. i am not asking that they take the child support away from his son he deserves it and needs it i just feel that it should be lowered they are taking the max amount allowed for any number of childern if he had three childern with her she would still be getting the same amount. i just feel that it should be lowered so my child can have the same chance at a good life as his other child has been given. the mother of his child doesnt work and not cause she cant cause she doesnt want to she gets enought money from him that she doesnt have to and i am sorry child support should come from both parents not just the father she should get a job and support her son also. i do care about his son and i would love to have him be a part of our life to i want my daughter to know who her brother is but that is my boyfriends choice he is a good man and cares about his son he feels his son should know who he is but not off and on the way she wants it when its ok with her and like some one said its very expensive to get a lawyer these days. with the amount of money we pay her every two weeks there is no way we could afford an attorney right now. and the new baby coming. we are also in the process of buying a house. i guess the only thing i am asking for is that my child gets a fair shot at having a great life also.
                          tami

Comment

I agree with you that mom should be working to support her child as well. It is both parents responsibility. Your husband can ask that they impute and income on her to what she should be making.

If your husband was a good man, he wouldnt let her dictate when he sees his child. As far as hiring an attorney, I would think that purchasing a home would come 2nd to his child. Whats wrong with where your at until after court? Sounds to me like YOU want YOU and YOUR child to come first. Sorry, legally that is not going to happen.

Comment

Just So You Know We Have To Buy A House The House That We Are Living In Has Been Up For Sell And Finally Got Sold. And Yes You Are Probally Right I Am Putting My Child First But Any Mother Would

Comment

Working...
                              X